Tax Return

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite right KME, if you read through the guidance notes one section specifically states interest on mortgage for a home office is not allowableInteresting about the 100% on Home phone, my accountant felt HMRC would take a dim view, however without internet I could not run my business so 100% eh
agreed my accountant seemed to suggest 100% was not a good idea, so most of mine at 80-95%

I'm goin to do my tax return myself and wondered how to include a 2nd hand van into the books. Some people are saying 40% first year etc etc. Is this for new vans.

Ive been offered a transit van 05 plate cheap 2.0l petrol with LPG conversion factory fitted and wanted to know how to put this through.

Any help or pointers appreciated?

Cheers

Have a read of this mate, may help a few others http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/hs250.pdf

Seems to say, the original method would be, say you pay 10,000 for your van, and then spend 1,000 on power tools, you pool that up. So you've spent 11,000 on items that will last over 2 years. You then used to be able to claim 40% on this, and then 20% for the years after.

Now it seems, you can claim 100% upto 50,000 from what I've read?

Yes it does look as if they've done away with the old system.

Excellent, I can now claim for the rest of my tools.

I think my next company vehicle is going to be that Harley Davidson I've been eyeing up at the dealers.

Latest posts