Technical question about ballasts

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon89

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my first post, sorry if its in the wrong section i couldn't seem to enter the knowledge forum!

Iam an electrician looking for some information and advice please
Iam working on a set of 1000w Ballasts which was running 1000w MH lamps individually. i would like to run a 1000w HPS through them.
I know the ballasts are setup for a MH lamp but could you advise me on how to convert it so i can power a High Pressure Sodium 1000w lamp. 
inside there is a capacitor and an ignitor.
Is it just the igniter i need to change to make it compatible? And of which type?

Can you please advise me
Thankyou

Jon

Just wondering why you 'd want to change to Sodium lamps TBH?     Why not stick with Metal Halide  ?   

There were a few lamps that were interchangeable  but its beat to check with manufacturers first  . 

They are on a portable generator, outdoor worklight tower, the owner (a farmer yes in his 70’s) has give me hps lamps to fit in it, he must of had them years by the look of it  !😆 I tried them and no luck but voltage is coming in and out of the ballast!

i was just thinking of a more cost effective way of getting it going again

cheers anyway 👍🏻

Latest posts