Test equipment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elec2012

Reaction score
I am soon to be joing up with elecsa to self certify my work and am looking into buying a multifunction test metre to carry out all my new installation work and periodic tests, i have been looking at the fluke metres which seem to be around the

if budget is an issue I would deffo go for METREL ,

this is a nice meter for the money.

Id deffo go the route of that rather than 2nd hand unless you know the meters exact history, ie, you are buying from a trustworthy friend.

money being no object, then the new FLUKE range ,

or for middle of the range try these ,

I havent used one of those yet, but that would be my choice at this minute in time if I was to go for a new meter.

in any case, give meggermark a ring and have a chat about what you actually need, rather than want, and he will I am sure sort something out for you.

Megger Mark is a forum sponsor, but even if he weren't, he should be your first stop.

When I started out 6 yrs ago I bought a Megger 1552. It was new then and top of the range. I took the view that I was likely to own my meter for at least 10 years so bought from amongst the best available. I've had no trouble with it.

Fluke and Megger are probably the top 2.

couple of days ago I purchased the Kewtech KT64 pro kit from megger mark (ISSWWW.co.uk) there was an offer going here on the forum, well worth checking out if it or something else in still running.

He does good kit at a great price... ;)

If you are unsure what to go for then as the others have said give MM's crowd a call.

I use the Fluke 1653 which is nice and simple to use..............How ever I do have a megger on the way.

I have a Fluke 1653b too a little while to get to grips with as I was used to separate instruments but now i have no problems. I have used the megger 1552 and liked it I'm not much keen on the metrel mft I used a few years back.

Megger 1552 all day long for me, but you won't go wrong with Fluke either. If you can afford those two avoid anything else or if cash is problem Kewtech or Metrel next best

I have been given a Megger CM500 which is pretty old now! do you think I can carry on using this for inspection & testing as long as it is calibrated or upgrade asap?

Have the 1730 that is hardly used, preferring my trustworthy Metrel AT 3101. to be honest more because I am use to it!!! Can't live without it though. Could not get on with the Fluke, but all testers have their good and bad points, it is all about what works for one might not be the biz for another :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:29 ----------

Thread too short, not sure what else to add!

Megger Mark and Megger Mike are the guys.

They did me a great deal on a Fluke 1654b and next day delivery.