Testing Extraneous Council Block?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can get a bit pedantic to say the least .... last year I was wiring an extension to a huge property , existing bonding in place .  Customer says  " The gas man wants to see you , he says your electrics are wrong "   He'd just arrived.

Now you really need this from the customer .     so , The Gasman cometh and says your bond is in the wrong place at the meter .  As I said , existing, I look up at it , "I can it , it looks fine to me "    Customer looks on , anxiously,  " Its not within 600mm of the meter , I've noted it on my report " 

It was about  700mm ..I guess . I say " If it worries you that much you need to report it to somebody ...why didn't you just move it ?  I didn't fit it anyway , how does it become my problem ? 

Mon Dieu !!!

But this gas bloke is an 'engineer'. We are mere electricians.
Wise words indeed...

Gas engineer

Domestic Appliance Service Engineer

Nail Technician.....FFS count to 10. If you have a nail left at the end then you have missed one. If you are one short at the end then you have stuck two,together. Assuming the normal,number of digits per hand...Norfolk excluded

File,the points off

Paint

Bull up

Take money

Next

i had one plumber tell me he could condemn an installation and shut the gas off as the bond was not within 300mm.

I told him the 500mm it was positioned at was fine, i then showed him that it does not even have to be within 600mm and in some situations does not have to be a 10mm cable.

I asked him how he thinks a plumber with no electrical training has better knowledge of electrical installation then me who is fully qualified with a design qualification.

he said they got a letter from there plumbing scam which told them all about it.

He did finally admit he didnt really know what he was on about.