The Lib Dems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FPTP is lettuced! I think we must be almost the last country that claims to be democratic that still uses it? 

Spot on. 

But I can't see 650 MP's voting to change it any time soon...........

Interestingly the SNP was always pro PR until they started winning under FPTP ................... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on. 

But I can't see 650 MP's voting to change it any time soon...........

Interestingly the SNP was always pro PR until they started winning under FPTP ................... 
The sad thing is we had the chance with the Con / Lib coalition when we had a referendum on an Alternative Vote system, and rejected it.

It was by no means perfect but it would have been the first step away from FPTP but the stupid electorate said no.  So I guess we won't get another chance to change it for a very long time.

The sad thing is we had the chance with the Con / Lib coalition when we had a referendum on an Alternative Vote system, and rejected it.

It was by no means perfect but it would have been the first step away from FPTP but the stupid electorate said no.  So I guess we won't get another chance to change it for a very long time.

Once in a generation? lol :slap :slap :slap