This is what pees me off with this stupid country

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never knew that!! Told you i have not got kids!! Anyway, had a look, and so long as you do not have a join income of more than £100,000 then no probs!! [cannot see many people worrying then!!]

john..

Best you read it again.. Over £60K in a single income you loose the lot,... not that many of us have to worry about this.....

Do not think that is right.. It said [on an hrmc website]

don’t combine your household income

use your partner’s income if it’s higher than yours

So i "think" so long as both of you get less than 50k EACH, then it is still ok....??

john..

but 2 incomes of £59k and you still get it I believe.

Child benefit is/ was £70 a month, I've always claimed it (nice to get something back) and used to fund my sons stakeholder pension. According to a book I read some time ago, if you put the benefit into a pension, then leave it until retirement then my son should end up a millionaire - compounded interest for 50 years.

Ah yes, just found this..

You'll have to pay more tax if either you or your partner have an income over £50,000 a year depending on how much income you've got, but you'll still continue to receive the same amount of Child Benefit. If your income is over £60,000 a year, you'll pay so much more in tax that it will cancel out all of the Child benefit you get.

It's the income of each partner in the household that counts. Your combined income won't be taken into account, This means that if one of you has an income of over £50,000, you'll be affected by the changes, even if the other partner doesn't have any income at all.

However, if both you and your partner have an income just below the £50,000 limit, you'll still continue to receive the full amount of Child Benefit and won't have to pay any extra tax. If both and your partner have an income over £50,000, whoever has the higher income will have to pay the extra tax.

Definitely cannot see too many people getting worried now then??

john..

I'm out of my depth with politics, Can't  tolerate  politicians, self serving bunch of so & so's.

I do enjoy scaring away the toffs at election time.

By toffs  I  mean the local councillors/ MP's.
 It takes a lot of following, but it is important. It's also why I tend to tactical vote, I just feel voting Tory enhances the elite. I believe, rightly or wrongly, more genuine politicians exist within Labour, Greens and whats left of Lib Dems. The Tories used to have very good middle of the road MPs, but they seem to have disappeared (the Tory wets as they became known). Even their conviction MPs like John Redwood seem to have been sidelined. A man I respect even if I think he is totally wrong most of the time :slap

Having fun with canvassing MPs is just as much fun as the Jehovahs Witnesses and anyone else daft enough to knock on my door ]:)

but 2 incomes of £59k and you still get it I believe.

Child benefit is/ was £70 a month, I've always claimed it (nice to get something back) and used to fund my sons stakeholder pension. According to a book I read some time ago, if you put the benefit into a pension, then leave it until retirement then my son should end up a millionaire - compounded interest for 50 years.
Blimey I remember child benefit, or family allowance as it was called back then being £7.50 per child per week.

So far as i know [that is not much, i do not have any kids] child benefit is a universal benefit paid to everyone that has kids, irrespective of income. If you got kids, then your missus got it, [but perhaps did not tell you..]

john...
Obviously your missus got it if you have kids, there's no such thing as immaculate conception. lol Sorry John, I couldn't resist that one mate.

Incidentally remember when the beckhams had their first child, David wanted a DNA test to prove Victoria was the mother.lol

In the final analysis the faults (all of them) fall back to responsibility.

We have totally outlawed the notion that anyone is responsible for anything

so everything falls to rat****

Punishment for anything is considered "wrong", criminal acts that can be ignored are ignored,

incompetent workers cannot be sacked, children are treated as adults that just 

haven't grown tall yet so grow up doing what they like where they like,

a terrorist isn't a terrorist if he's a muslim - he's a poor victim of "radicalisation"

and governments bribe councils to systematically thieve public money to set up

"mayors" when a public funded referendum says clearly no more beurocratic

parasites in the system - that one is organised criminal theft IMO and the police

turn a blind eye... Judges are told not to jail violent muggers but council tax

payers are jailed for being unable to pay the manufactured and totally unecesary tax,

(Where was council tax 30 years ago? Where was VAT before the EU - why is

all this extra taxation suddenly required ? )  ... the answer lies in fraudulent

people everyone is going out to vote for in a few weeks. Both sides.

And the very existence of food banks is considered acceptable.

Words fail at this point.

And you thought child allowance was your problem ...-;)

jack