Threads That I Dare Not Answer Honestly For Fear Of Being "not" Friendly!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a numptie :shakehead

It is quite frightening how many "Electricians" can't figure out heating controls....

My brother had a fault with their boiler/heating.... (He lives over an hour away) I told them to make sure that the plumber didn't mess with the valve electrics etc... (S-plan +) :|

rads on HW stat anyone?! 

:pmsl:
Had that yesterday.

I was called to replace a boiler programmer (after the plumber had diagnosed it as faulty.)

New programmer in, fire it up on HW only for half an hour. All good except kitchen radiator was getting warm.

Then turned heating on and all the rads got hot.

So the programmer is working.

"what about the kitchen radiator, when are you going to fix that?"

I then have a devil of a job convincing the customer that it was a plumbing fault not a wiring fault.

There was probably nothing wrong with the old programmer after all :innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/23396-rcd-on-lighting-circuit-including-bathroom/

Well there's another  one.....

Doing work... 

But hasn't even got a copy of the regs so he'll be doing a bit of catch up!!!!!

:C

default_Fell%20off%20of%20my%20chair.gif

:coat

I won`t - because I can`t provide useful advice.

There isn`t enough info - and the guy is ( apparently) charging for his work, but doesn`t know what his work consists of.

" still waiting for regs??" - really?

When I did teacher training for Further Education in Electrical Installation Work, I was dreaming of the feedback classroom where the lecturer could invite the students to interact with him during lectures.  This is near to that, and is great.  Forget who is daft and who is expert and like the Commons, sort it out through speech typed - communications can be wonderful if everyone keeps level headed.  Be careful as you will have found that misinterpretation is possible through the written word.  Could we not include conference calls where several people can contribute by voice?

Well the wiring regs have been around since 1882 so no real excuse for not having a copy if you are undertaking work covered by them!

They are not a new document, and even the latest version has been around for nearly 2 years now.