Tridonic One4All SR PRE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Have any of th collective any experience of the above?
Client has a Dimmable,panel,light that has failed
Dimmed via standard Triac dimmer, worked for years

I ordered a replacement Dimmable,panel,and ended up with a standard panel, and dimmer, along with the above TRIDONIC One4All that my supplier says is the right one

If so HTAF do you connect it?

I've only got 2 cores at the existing fitting ( excl,CPC) Triac dimmed switch wire and neutral.
The parts arrived today, it's a 30 mile tip to site, I have to be there at 0800 Monday before it opens to the public and TRIDONIC tech dept won't be open until,9/9:30, so any help is appreciated so I can test it before I go

IMG_4931.JPG

That's the one!
My Dilemma is it doesn't seem to say anywhere how you actually do it. I am reluctant to do the "randomly shoving wires on holes and praying" method in case I release the smoke
DALI dimming is all based on having a control signal, it's not suitable for replacement of 2wire system. I know this because of having spent a week rewiring a large, very high ceiling church hall, the 'mains' dimmable led panels I had asked for needed a control wire to work. This caused a great deal of hassle as we did not have time to rewrire accordingly, so had to change the panels and use supposedly suitable mains dimmers, which just didn't dim very well. Cost me a good customer!

DALI dimming is all based on having a control signal, it's not suitable for replacement of 2wire system. I know this because of having spent a week rewiring a large, very high ceiling church hall, the 'mains' dimmable led panels I had asked for needed a control wire to work. This caused a great deal of hassle as we did not have time to rewrire accordingly, so had to change the panels and use supposedly suitable mains dimmers, which just didn't dim very well. Cost me a good customer!

LED panels often don't dim properly from a dimmer switch, tahts why pretty much everything like that these days are wired with a switched/perm live to the fitting and seperate dim signal

few years ago lost a job replacing some office lights, someone cheaper done it. had to be redone since they wired them with a normal dimmer switch...

LED panels often don't dim properly from a dimmer switch, tahts why pretty much everything like that these days are wired with a switched/perm live to the fitting and seperate dim signal

few years ago lost a job replacing some office lights, someone cheaper done it. had to be redone since they wired them with a normal dimmer switch...
That was one of the most annoying things about that job, I was deliberately trying to avoid using Zano or similar dimmers, so had got the wholesaler to find mains dimmable panel and controls - the lighting supplier just hadn't bothered to tell the whlesaler/me it was DALI controls, and we only had a short window to do the job in. Keyholder for the church wasn't much help either, we could have worked a few late shifts to wire it correctly, be he didn't want to lock up after 5pm FFS!

Latest posts