Tv Prog On Youngsters And Pensioners Getting Jobs.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed the distinct lack of people skills with most of the youngsters along with an almost total lack work ethic. The young guy at the estate agents mastered their computer , leaving the older lady behind but he couldn't deal with would be buyers out on the job .

One kid started at a chocolate factory , I think they were to do a week for the TV , lasted till dinnertime ,never came back.

Elderly plumber onsite with a keen youngster who seemed OK , did the week but didn't seem to achieve any progress workwise .

I noticed an instance the other day when I went to buy some glass for a garage window . Local glaziers manned by youngster guys.

So I stand at the counter so they can ignore me for the statutory period. A bloke, 30ish takes bit of paper with sizes on , his mate 24ish appears saying to him "Theres a f****** bloke on the phone wants to speak to you.. shall I tell him to f*** off ?"

"Whats his name ?"

Says name

" Don't know the ( rhymes with shunt ) "

" I'll tell 'im to f*** off then"

Continues to serve me in a fairly offhand manner and I leave with a very poor opinion of the place and a resolution never to return as long as I have an aperture in my rectum.

Now I've reached my Old Phartdom now , and I've heard it all before, as a kid in the Birmingham back streets, and a lifetime sparkying in industry and the building trade , I'm not a vicar :pray , thats my brother over in Llandysilliodidlyio (think thats right) but I came away thinking what an attitude in front of a customer , not a clue , the language doesn't offend me as such , its the ignorance of them , I've heard the same attitude in smaller car repair shops as they shout above 150 db FM while customers of all genders are wishing they are somewhere else.

Bloody bunch of f*&%£"$ :innocent

caught the end bit of it deke, I actually sat down to watch it,

something I seldom do with normal TV,

yep, seems a lot of the younger generation have a very basic lack of skills,

but, we really shouldnt tar them all, after all, what sort of tv show would it make if they were actually keen young lads/lasses ?

a few years back a firm I worked for started 2 new apprentices on our site, [firm started maybe 10 apps a year then, 50%wastage based]

yep, one of them would deffo make it, the other , no, he was a waster,

1 year in and the deffo had jacked in and was asking if you wanted fries or whatever,

the waster, well, the last I heard he had his 2391 and was getting close to a chargehand.!

so far 2 good lads out of 3, and the one I sacked will hopefully got the shock he needed and pulled finger out of rectum. Had a young lad offering free labour for experience - seems to have right attitude, might still be useless :innocent . Lives about 20 miles from me down A38. Was thinking about giving him a chance, but Moped on that road is a bit lethal, and I don't think we could really use another apprentice. So if anyone on this forum lives a bit closer to Liskeard than I do PM me and I'll pass his details on.