Two inverters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrjmegson

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm hoping you can help me with my query.

I am hoping to install panels on both roofs, E/W, and bring each array down in two strings to two inverters, and each inverter have its own battery bank.

The way I see it is that each inverter and battery bank would be separate to each other, and both have a separate feed to my consumer unit.

Is this the best way to do this?

Will both inverters feed back into the house load equally?

Sorry, too many questions.

Jason

Hey guys,

I'm hoping you can help me with my query.

I am hoping to install panels on both roofs, E/W, and bring each array down in two strings to two inverters, and each inverter have its own battery bank.

The way I see it is that each inverter and battery bank would be separate to each other, and both have a separate feed to my consumer unit.

Is this the best way to do this?

Will both inverters feed back into the house load equally?

Sorry, too many questions.

Jason
Should be fine, only downside will be 2 battery controllers in the meter tails, some wire directly into the tails, some use amp clamps.

Upside is 2 strings per array makes the arrays less affected by leaves, bird poo etc on the panels.

Hey Binky.

It's been a while since I worked out the figures, but my inverters only have two MPPT each, so max of two strings per inverter. I would have loved 4 strings.

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant by "two battery controllers in the meter tails". My inverters are hybrid, so they have all the controller's built in, if that's what you mean. Lol, sorry.

Cheers John. The meter tails are about 50cm long, so plenty of room for CT clamps.

Did you guys notice my question about the fuse rating of that Keto disconnect I found? It's got 80A fuses, and my battery terminal says its Max is 50A, so do I need a disconnect with an 50A fuse?

Latest posts