Unusual TV Bracket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulSC

Reaction score
Evening all - hope everyone had a happy Christmas.

I plan to refurb our bedroom early in the new year, but have no real wall space to work with to mount a flat screen TV (the TV won't be huge). I guess one option is to mount it on the ceiling with some kind of a retractable bracket, though I've never come across anything like this before. Could be manual or powered and I do have lots of headroom in the loft space above.

Anyone fitted something nice before? The more 'James Bond' the better;)

Thanks in advance

Paul

I know Badger does TV's quite well the electrical type he may well be the man to ask,

Thanks Bacon

Not sure Badger is talking to me after my flippant post in the Pictures form :innocent

I plan to refurb our bedroom early in the new year, but have no real wall space to work with to mount a flat screen TV (the TV won't be huge). I guess one option is to mount it on the ceiling with some kind of a retractable bracket, though I've never come across anything like this before. Could be manual or powered and I do have lots of headroom in the loft space above.
The bit I don't understand, is if there is space for the tv, then there MUST be wall space for the bracket.

Or do you want it hanging down from the middle of the room, with it retracting up into a slot in the ceiling. If so that's a LOT of custom engineering to do.

Thanks Barx, but the bed's quite new and not in the budget. Very James Bond tho'

The bit I don't understand, is if there is space for the tv, then there MUST be wall space for the bracket.Or do you want it hanging down from the middle of the room, with it retracting up into a slot in the ceiling. If so that's a LOT of custom engineering to do.
I assumed built in wardrobes et al on the required wall.

I find the concept of a TV in the bedroom strange :(

A bedroom is for two things

1) Sleeping

2) Something that does not involve a TV :)

Thanks Chaps,

Had no idea these things were SO expensive - back to the drawing board ...

I find the concept of a TV in the bedroom strange :( A bedroom is for two things

1) Sleeping

2) Something that does not involve a TV :)
what eating thought thats what the dining room was for :slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:57 ----------

but may involve a video camera.! ;)
ooooh i dont think id be happy at having cctv cameras in the bedroom :eek: :D !!!

I'm thinking some Unistrut, a length of studding and a cordless drill and the welder........some cable ties and.......maybe I shouldn't think!

Latest posts