Van broken into

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadspark

Reaction score
I was parked at Chester Railway station last week whilst away for a few days and came back on Friday to find passenger door lock had been done. The van was completely empty so luckily the blighters got nothing.

I reported it to Arriva who run the station and they told me to report it to British Transport Police. They couldn't send anybody to do forensics and it turns out the car park doesn't have CCTV so no chance of catching anyone.

I just had my van signed the previous week so it's now a target. I won't be using Chester Railway station again in a hurry.

Leaving your van in a public place for a few days is quite risky. Prime targets for theives. I only leave mine at home, never away from home overnight. Even then its still never 100% safe where it is. I think you got off lucky with having no stuff in it! My experience of the polic today is that unless its blatantly obvious who the offender is, it will just get brushed asside.

Sorry to hear about your van getting broke into. It's a sign of the times unfortunately and I bet it was copper they were after! I have mixed feelings about getting a van sign written as I know it's advertising your services but it also advertises what could be onboard.

Sorry to hear about your van getting broke into. It's a sign of the times unfortunately and I bet it was copper they were after! I have mixed feelings about getting a van sign written as I know it's advertising your services but it also advertises what could be onboard.
if you have any ladders or anything on the roof, then sign written or not, its obviously a contractors van

A van is a van

its a van for a reason and thats to hold a lot of stuff

thieves will have it just because its a van

Whatever is on the van it still belongs to someone that is willing to graft for a living. A decent alarm is a deterent i suppose

or a 1000v megger attached to the alarm and door handles, turn alarm on, megger is switched on :slap
Certainly makes you feel like doing that.

I've always fancied putting a burglar alarm on my van, seem to be a lot louder than car alarms.

I've always fancied putting a burglar alarm on my van, seem to be a lot louder than car alarms.
i was going to connect the alarm on mine to the horn, but i dont think the alarm has an output to trigger anything external when its sounding