van insurance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It that time of year .    Present insurers have written with a quote for  £431    which I find highly excessive .

Looking on the Meercat .com  site  theres a quote for £296 . 

Have a call booked with them tomorrow. 

Van is Vauxhall Combo  1800 Diesel  53 plate  .

Seen here parked up at Dekington Towers

Image016 (5).jpg

Don't let your insurance see that photo, or they will double your premium for leaving it unattended with the doors open.

Doc H.

We were on auto renewals for all three vehicles.never really bothered, just let it roll.

last couple of years, as you know, I have had a bit of time on my hands

looked at cutting costs and overheads

busines insurance.....same company for decades.contacted First Insurance.....saved 60% AND better cover. Told old insurers and they instantly came back with a better offer., They were sacked when they told me I could be covered for 3ph for £75 extra

cars......ten mins on Internet saved over £1k

told Churchill,it was cheaper on Internet from CHURCHILL!

they price matched their own price. A price which they told me was the best available...they were sacked

We were on auto renewals for all three vehicles.never really bothered, just let it roll.

last couple of years, as you know, I have had a bit of time on my hands

looked at cutting costs and overheads

busines insurance.....same company for decades.contacted First Insurance.....saved 60% AND better cover. Told old insurers and they instantly came back with a better offer., They were sacked when they told me I could be covered for 3ph for £75 extra

cars......ten mins on Internet saved over £1k

told Churchill,it was cheaper on Internet from CHURCHILL!

they price matched their own price. A price which they told me was the best available...they were sacked
Yes I know what you mean ,  there was a time when a company would be looking at how long you'd been with them ....now they don't give a courgette  ... just wack a top priced quote out hoping someone will rubber stamp it for payment  I reckon.  

Or the other annoying  thing ,  a better deal if you are a newcomer and sod all our regular customers.   

same here, 15 minutes on the internet got me roadside assistance and recovery as well as insurance, for the same price as the insurance renewal quote, with the same firm of insurers. I always try to shop around.

If you go through a broker, they always say in the renewal letter "we have searched all our policies and have found that the deal offered by your current insurer is the best one available", who for???

Cmon boys, when you get the quote just give them a call and tell the that you've had a better quote say £100 less they'll soon match it.  

Oldest trick in the book. 

I've found the closer to the renewal date the higher the cost :C

Struggling to get the car insurance down, its increased 30% in the last 2 years and they want £800+ when a few years back it was around £350!

London....

I'd hate to think what a van would cost? Well over a grand I  should imagine.

I remember my Dad buying a pickup and the insurance being 4x it's value!

I drive a diesel Audi but even if I had a 1.0 Nissan Micra it would be about £500 due to the fact that I live in an area where a 3 bed terraced house costs about a million pounds were still breeding car thieves.

:shakehead

When l moved from Birmingham to Dorset my insurance dropped nearly £2,000

It's all to do with the postcode they say.

I've recently moved my public liability and professional indemnity insurance away from the broker I've used for the past 18 years.

I've gone with an insurance company with my scheme provider and saved £800+

It's all a racket!

I used to believe in sticking with what/who you know but now I shop around.