Vga Splitters/transmitters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening,

I've inherited a strange one that I know nothing about, great start!

Main conference room in the company I work for has a PC connected to a "SY electronics CatX Tx8" which as far as I can tell... converts the VGA signal from the PC to data and splits it onto 8 data cables.  That in turn have a "CatX Video Rx 2" on the end feeding 2 monitors via the units output on two VGA sockets.

So 1 PC feedsa projector and 16 monitors around the desks.

The problem they are reporting is that after a couple of hours, the monitors start to have what is described as scan lines on them and the then colours go wrong.  Previously pages not turning and applications not changing on the screens.  I've not witnessed any of this yet. 

Currently they have the transmit end wired incorrectly by my thoughts,

PC - powered VGA splitter - one output to TX8 transmitters "VGA OUT"  the other output to a projector.  The Tx8's "VGA IN" is empty.  The data out side is correct.

My thoughts it should be:

PC - TX8's "VGA IN"  Tx8's "VGA OUT" to the projector

However, the gender of the plugs and sockets is back to front, I'll need gender changers to sort it out.  This is not what I normally do and my supervisor is keen to back heel it and wont order gear.  The setup has worked in the past but has had many issues.  The IT guy is keen to wash his hands of it too.  But it'll keep coming back to me!  I'm curious if the set up is likely to cause the issues reported.

I've noted in the documentation for some of SY's products the transmission length decreases with resolution increase.  I'm not sure what resolution they currently run at, and the run length is less than 50 meters. The power for the system is a 12v transformer at the TX end, could this be too little?

Any one come across anything similar? any pointers for me?  SY electronics web site doesn't seem to have a help section as far as I can see, and the product is no longer listed.

All assuming the job doesn't get cancelled.  Obviously its a busy room with top brass using it, just to complicate things.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks sidey, must be going blind and stupid, that's very similar. The units I have are not marked as avp though. Also the supply for mine is 12 v not 5 as in the one you show.

So I'm guessing it's the next version of mine. Mine is apparently 8+ years old.

I will thanks, no one at work has any intention of getting involved. It's so frustrating.

I think they are wanting a simple it's beyond repair and want a new system. However, no one is prepared to pay for it.

This was someone else's issue until they left, now I pick up their role along with everything else. (Without training or experience)

Latest posts