voltage two probe testers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok you have made your point about the tester ,if i thought 1 could get the job done that cheap without a doubt i would get an electrician, but the price quotes i have got are nowhere near as cheap as that, more like

ok you have made your point about the tester ,if i thought 1 could get the job done that cheap without a doubt i would get an electrician, but the price quotes i have got are nowhere near as cheap as that, more like

I said we mainly don't work live,, not that we don't!

But then again we have respect for electricity and have had training so that we know what we are doing and how to reduce the risks.

But the way that we would identify a switched live is; firstly we would switch the circuit off and prove that it's dead, then we would separate the (normally 3) pairs of cables at the fitting and check for continuity across the red and black whilst operating the switch. When you find the right pair you will have continuity when the switch is on and you won't when it's off. You then need to mark the black as the switched live, all the reds, earths and neutrals should be put into separate connectors. Your light then connects to the switched live, neutral and earth (if required).

I was not trying to be a smart guy, just trying to give you some some advice so that you can sort this problem out safely. If you don't manage it yourself then I as others on here would charge about

2 points - !st point - We are not too expensive we charge enough to make a living thats it. Do you appreciate the costs invloved in being a qualified spark? Have you considered the

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts