Volvo S40

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
cant believe you did all that! I put one in my Cmax a few weeks ago. I pulled the stereo out, fitted a cable kit and stuffed the blue box back in the hole. Pulled the gear shift cover off and drilled a small hole and ran the cable from the display back through to the stereo hole. Used double sided number plate pad to fix it just above the shifter - no cable visible. Next I ran the mic cable. I noticed the door frame seal pulled away and ran it behind this all the way up to the top of the windscreen and popped the mic out at high level drivers side. Make sure you pull the remote cables out of the factory wiring (and ipod cable) and fit them directly to the read of the stereo. All works perfectly.

The reason the glovebox came out is.......................... I had other equipment to install;)

The centre console has to come out on the S40 before the radio can be removed to allow connection of the incar mute system.......

When at Vodafone (Racal vodac in my day) I used to like installing kits into vans & hgv's, as you say Rev they come apart soooo much easier...

some cars a great to work with. pull radio out, plug n plug on connections, put back, done.

others, you need to take half the car apart to get to the bolt on the back of the radio before you can even get at the connections