Website Feedback

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is Missing one vital item that is essential on Every webpage!

Who can guess what it is?

Added in the support section with the other links. Sorry Admin.

Ian.

mines not got a link to here haha
Then I think you should add one. You won't like me when I am Angry - I turn Green. X(

Then I think you should add one. You won't like me when I am Angry - I turn Green. X(
when i remember my FTP password il sort it :) ROTFWL

but untill my memory returns!

Hi Ian

Like the site it looks fresh.

Couple of points you may wish to loot at to assist with your search engine rankings (seo):

1/ write .htaccess file to redirect non-www prefix to www (non-canonical redrect) - this way you will get around possible issues with being penalised for duplicate content. Save it on root level with home page.

2/ sign-up for for Google Webmaster tools and validate site. It also gives lots of tools to help with running your website such as geo-locations you wish to target etc.

3/ Get sitemap.xml installed on server root level to help bots spider all pages.

4/ Create a 404 page and redirect within the htaccess file (if on Apache/Linux server) so that not found pages keep the user on your site.

5/ You need to optimise onpage - this includes your page titles, h1/h2/h3 heading tags, main body text, pictures, alt tags, links to tell the search engines what it is you do so that you can be found under search criteria.

6/ Make sure you have registered with lots of relevant directories and get good quality themed backlinks into your site. Do it manually don't farm it out to hundreds of random sites.

7/ Add robots.txt file telling bots which directories/pages to avoid spidering etc (if applicable)

hope this helps a bit...

Stuart

Welcome to the forum Stu.

Lovely website you have there.

I like to see lots of pics on a website of the sparks' work. Gives any future client(s) a good insight of what you have done/are capable of.

You are welcome (As a member here) to list your business (COMPLETELY FREE !!) in our Directory of electricians - Here...

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2370

Regards,

Admin.

Welcome to the forum Stu.Lovely website you have there.

I like to see lots of pics on a website of the sparks' work. Gives any future client(s) a good insight of what you have done/are capable of.

You are welcome (As a member here) to list your business (COMPLETELY FREE !!) in our Directory of electricians - Here...

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2370

Regards,

Admin.
thanks - have done!