Well I never..................................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Called at my suppliers on the way home tonight to collect some bits for next week. As we were chatting he said 'have you ever heard of this Wholsalers? a bloke bought this BICC TRS 7/.029 sleeve in today off a cable drum he found under the floor and it still has the delivery note attached to it'

So I had a look [as I go back a F long way]

Yes, I had heard of the wholesalers as my late Father used to use them a lot.

The date on the delivery note was 26/6/1959

...what my supplier had not spotted/connected was that the delivery note was made out to my Fathers family firm of Electrical Contractors

AND the cable was descibed as "50yds 7/.029 TRS Twin Cable with ECC" !!! FFS I thought ECC was a relatively new term and not 53 years old!...we live and learn

I was only 3!!!! but I remember going there with my Grandad in his Isetta Bubble Car when I was about 8 or so!...I can even remeber the Reg No of the car .....VTE 22 !.................why on earth would I retain that bit of info??? the mind boggles
My dads motorcycle reg. was JUL198 and he sold it for scrap in 1959. Young minds absorb all sorts of useless information, it seems. :Blushing

I can remember the Reg number of every car my parents ever had, almost all of the Vans that we had, every car we have ever had.!!

However I can only remember my wifes phone number all the others are in my phone memory...and I realised a couple of hours ago that I forgot to have any lunch today! So, errrr..............................

My first car a MK11 Cortina had a good reg DAN314H shame it got pinched. I can't remember all my parents numbers plates but remember one which was a Morris Oxford and the reg of that one was JPP259G. Strange things memories as you say can't remember what you did yesterday but remember a car or van or bike numberplate of over 30 years previous.

I can remember most road bikes Ive had,

but have issues what I done this morning,

sometimes I have issues trying to remember if Ive just been to the toilet or not, so I stand up and feel my trousers, just to be sure. :|

I can remember the Reg number of every car my parents ever had, almost all of the Vans that we had, every car we have ever had.!!However I can only remember my wifes phone number all the others are in my phone memory...and I realised a couple of hours ago that I forgot to have any lunch today! So, errrr..............................
+1 lol sad innit :)

I can also remember old reg numbers and phone numbers etc, mind you now that I'm in my 40's I am discovering that there are two main symptoms of advancing age.

Symptom 1 ..... you start to forget things.....

Symptom 2 ..... er...... hmm...... sigh..... I cannot remember what symptom 2 is .... headbang

I was minus more........or should that be "minus less"??? So you`re older than me, too!!!!! :slap
1959 OOOOh..err.... remember being in school and someone saying Buddy Holly died !!

And my first motor was 73 COG and thats the only one I remember .

Last edited by a moderator: