What browser ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it does that on EVERY website you try, and it never hangs up and never says "not responding" and never says "this page has crashed" then you have indeed found the ideal browser. Clearly you are NOT using firefox.

I have two browsers on the go and I can show you web pages that only work on one of them, so both are needed.

What version? I updated my old version 12 which used to work fine (but was not supporting some more recent websies) to the latest version 6 months ago, and ir was dire, in particular it just would not work with RBS on line banking.
FF works spot on for me for daily use, 

There may be an issue with how your OS integrates with it, :C

Chromium is good too, 

........What version? I updated my old version 12 which used to work fine (but was not supporting some more recent websies) to the latest version 6 months ago, and ir was dire, in particular it just would not work with RBS on line banking.
About Opera
Version information
Version
Build
Platform
Win32
System
Windows XP
Browser identification

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.17

I think the majority of browser hang-up's and crashes are brought about by add-on's like Flash.

FF works spot on for me for daily use, 

There may be an issue with how your OS integrates with it, :C

Chromium is good too, 
I tried to book a ferry crosing with Calmac last week. Their on line booking ssytem would not work with FF on my computer so I had to use something else.

I agree FF is the best of the bunch, but it is NOT perfect. It has a habit of NOT remembering me on websites so occasionally I have to log in again. Also there are issues playing videos. It tells me it has "blocked the outdated abobe player" Firstly checking for updates tells me I have the latest version. Click the "allow and REMEMBER" box and guess what, it does NOT remember and asks me again every time.  Pretty basic bugs that just annoy the user and should be simple to fix.

About Opera
Version information
Version
Build
Platform
Win32
System
Windows XP
Browser identification

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.17

I think the majority of browser hang-up's and crashes are brought about by add-on's like Flash.
As I said, Opera 12 was brilliant, BUT newer versions use a completely different engine with a new set of "issues"

Opera 12 won't work with RBS / Natwest on line banking or Gumtree. That was why I updated to the latest version of Opera which was so dire I ditched it and moved to firefox. If you don't use either of those then carry on with Opera 12. Until you find another site that it won't now work with. 

In hindsight, if I had known how dire the new version of Opera was, I would have kept Opera 12, and just used firefox for the "problem" sites. Perhaps I will even look at trying to find an old version 12 Opera to re install?

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, guys.  Why not update to Win10 with its brand new Edge browser.

Those of you who are experiencing slowness when you had fastness, might be better getting the machine reformatted.

It might knock you back a bit but you'll catch up.

The member who says that it takes four minutes to load this forum, definitely has malware, and the best solution is to reformat and reinstall Windows.

If you save your hard earned cash for Apple equipment then none of these problems will arise (at least much fewer).

Latest posts