What do you think of the public sector strike on Wed 30th ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont agree at all they do me no favours i was out of work a while ago payed into the pot since leaving school i reluctantly went down first time in my life and they turned me away i've got 2 children we had nothing yet they spend millions on translators ? not on sorry

Are you sure about broke strange there is 29 billion to build high speed rail link and money to send our troops abroad to there deaths in other countries.
And all that to save, what? - 15-20 minutes on a rail travellers journey time?

And all that to save, what? - 15-20 minutes on a rail travellers journey time?
if that, we all know that it will constantly have delays, wrong leaves on the line etc....

if they fixed the existing rail network then the whole country would benefit

we are all being squeezed one way or another. As someone who will have to work til I drop - a nice gilt edged free pension that offers 60% of my salary at 65 or even less , would be lovely. If I want such a pension, I will have to pay for it. I don't see why I should pay for someone else to get one either. Yes my heart bleeds for those poor hospital workers, police, councillors who may have to actually pay towards their own pension.

Time people faced facts, the last year or so JIB workers got no pay rise and many are working longer hours etc. Country's finances are a mess cos we give the euro spongers

a nice gilt edged free pension that offers 60% of my salary at 65 or even less ,
Somebody I knew would have got final salary pension & half spouse pension for handling tripple 9 calls, might have been shift work & dealing with tragedy (+nutters)

but appeared to be better of than me & a great deal more time to spare. They chucked it after almost 20yrs as they was unhappy & went into a partnership to make there fortune, which went **** up. But thas another story

I am not convinced they are doing the right thing, or that they will achieve much toward their objective. But I do believe every worker should have the right to join a union and that every union should have to right to ballot for any action they see fit. Otherwise we will have a country where employers walk all over the workers whenever they feel like it!

Doc H.

i have no sympathy with anyone who strikes.....if they have a job,,get paid be satisfied with your lot or move on

12 years forces,,,,,,,pension

11 years NTL/Virgin pension

6 years sparky not paid anything in !!!!!

these people should count themselves lucky !!!!!!!!

Remember the miners strike ?????? how many people hated Maggie because of that ??????

all those miners struggling ,,,,bless

but then the upside (which there always is) my dad was a copper during the strike and made a mint !!!!!!

What I find really annoying is when they say they are on lower salaries for being in the public sector!!

As someone who used to be a mortgage advisor/financial advisor I can tell you that a lot of civil servants earn what I feel is a decent wage without excessive stress or hours.

And don't even get me started on tube drivers, What on earth is going on with

Latest posts