What is this all about?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedBeard

Reaction score
This is my first post so please be nice 😂

Came across this setup at a customers house the other day.

Can someone explain why mcb’s/ contactor have been used instead of a wiring centre?

31FE3E7A-55E0-4EC1-9019-70E9DC1E0D6B.jpeg

Can someone explain why mcb’s/ contactor have been used instead of a wiring centre

Short answer, NO.
It is not possible for a 2nd person to state a reason why the 1st person did what ever it was they did. All anyone can do is guess, but you will never know which guess is correct.

Well I've occasionally done things in an unconventional way simply because I had, "acquired", the components and judged that my way would work as well as any other. e.g. The outbuildings of my previous house, with power circuits all wired in 2.5mm heavy grade 'pyro.

It you worked out exactly how the wiring is connected..

then drew it out on some paper, you may be able to work out what they were intending it to do??

Otherwise its just pure guess work..

This is my first post so please be nice 😂

Came across this setup at a customers house the other day.

Can someone explain why mcb’s/ contactor have been used instead of a wiring centre?

View attachment 13237
Trace where the contactor is switched on from first, as it could be from another location, and you may not be able to isolate at that rcd.
As I think already said, too many scenarios it could be used for.

Latest posts