Where is our right to freedom of speech gone?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought

i think some threads should be closed earlier they become boring,hijacked and go off subject

It was I who closed the 5WW thread, and it was closed after the answer that the OP had posted just has Doc Hudson says in the above post. I did allow two of our well established and highly respected members to have the final words on this thread because thay have admitted in open forum to be classed rightly or wrongly as 5WW's. They also highlighted a misconception that most people have, and indeed rightly pointed out that the term used as broadly as it is, is derogatory.

We have had this discussion before and no doubt will have it again. Everyone is allowed to openly talk about anything on this forum, providing the content is posted in the correct sections, is not unlawful, and in no way inviting arguments to which no answer could be found. The forum is 99% moderated by our members, and they deserve to be treated with respect.

We are all human, and sometimes are prone to all the faults that being human brings.

Nope I've never been on this forum before. My thread was closed it was under the title "conductor names".

Nope I've never been on this forum before. My thread was closed it was under the title "conductor names".
It was closed by another moderator, but I would have closed it had it not been.

The thread was deliberately provocative. You were told so and asked for further information, which you failed to provide.

It was I who closed the 5WW thread, and it was closed after the answer that the OP had posted just has Doc Hudson says in the above post. I did allow two of our well established and highly respected members to have the final words on this thread because thay have admitted in open forum to be classed rightly or wrongly as 5WW's. They also highlighted a misconception that most people have, and indeed rightly pointed out that the term used as broadly as it is, is derogatory.We have had this discussion before and no doubt will have it again. Everyone is allowed to openly talk about anything on this forum, providing the content is posted in the correct sections, is not unlawful, and in no way inviting arguments to which no answer could be found. The forum is 99% moderated by our members, and they deserve to be treated with respect.

We are all human, and sometimes are prone to all the faults that being human brings.
Even Mr Smith.

Mr Smith has his own agenda, even I do not get involved in discussion, I just tremble in the corner.

Why do you keep referring to the 5ww thread? My thread was called "conductor names". Tbh what you "experts" may think of yourselves, or what is correct in your opinions doesn't really bother me.

I am a regular watcher of 'On the Buses'. I know the drivers called Stan and the inspector is Blakey but I can't for the life of me remember the conductors name so that thread would have been useful......

I like that, :) I like that too.

am I the only one to think that mr Smith might now think he is an 'ELECTRICIAN' ? ;)
Careful, this could be seen as reopening the thread!
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Why do you keep referring to the 5ww thread? My thread was called "conductor names". Tbh what you "experts" may think of yourselves, or what is correct in your opinions doesn't really bother me.
Then why start what (and I have just read them both) appears to be a thread aimed at causing a conflict? If you want to start threads like that there are many other not so friendly forums you can join and troll on. It will not be tolerated here by either the mods or the regulars.

I would suggest you re-exaimine what you intended to get from this forum and see if it fits in with what is expected of all the users. If they differ vastly, then this may not be the place for you.

Trust The Reverend to regurgitate "On the Buses " which I thought I'd expunged from my memory as the worst "comedy" in the whole universe and beyond . ; \

Its like being reminded of an annoying song , then you're singing it all day in your head.

Mr Smith has his own agenda, even I do not get involved in discussion, I just tremble in the corner.
who doesnt

its like Admin has a special phone and calls him in an emergency.......

thats all i am going to say

Mr Smith your the best.

electrrician786, regardless of past comments, I do not beleive you are indeed being confrontational, just badly worded questions, and without face to face body language, it is very easy to misinterperet what is actually being asked. Please continue to use the forum, and input what you can, remember, especially in this trade there is no such thing as an expert.