Wireless Lighting System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenko

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a problem that I have.
My aim is to have approx 10-15 LED bulbs hooked up to having their own receiver (for wireless switches). Ideally my original plan was to hook the Live and Earth wires from the bulbs into the receivers like normal and then have each of those 10-15 receivers linked to one UK wall socket. I was wondering how I would go about doing this? Or if this would even be possible or if I would need multiple sockets?

The sockets are necessary as the bulbs will be fixed into a block of wood essentially which I can take on and off a high wall, hence why it would need to be able to be plugged in and out from its fitting

Could you not just switch the lights on/off from the socket you plug them into?

Could you not just switch the lights on/off from the socket you plug them into?
They need to be linked to a receiver for a wireless lighting system. Each light with its own receiver, and in turn its own switch. Each light will have a meaning when lit up. i.e. when light number 2 lights up, the person with the number 2 switch will have the answer to a question. Hypothetically

I think I can see what you are trying to do. I take it it's a quiz indicator system.
There is no electrical reason why you can't run numerous led lamps from a single mains plug as the current involved will be small. It's just a case of deciding how to physically assemble the parts into a safe assembly, i.e with all wires and connections double insulated or enclosed.

Have you thought what happens when several answer simultaneously? You will just get several lights coming on together and a fight will break out for who was first!
I'm sure there must be a proprietary system which does what you describe but only shows the first selected, or a design for an electronic circuit , but I don't immediately know where.

I did some quick checking, to use a domestic wireless switch and receiver, + lamp, lamp holder etc you would be looking at £60/player, then you would have to find someone to connect it all for you, and as Geoff1946 pointed out, you could have more than 1 light on, so you would not know who "pressed first"

So I then looked at google, and found several "kits" that do exactly what you want, and what Geoff1946 said, and cost considerably less.

Click Here

Have you looked at mainslink equipment.
Might try that. There’s a few videos on YouTube