Wiring Accessories

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried the screwless ones they are a pig to fit.
nope, dont really offer it as it is a pig to fit, i fit the 74 range quite slim, with screws and a slight lip to get over normal non flat walls. I would do a link to the range on the hamilton site, but i think their site is crap so there is no point.

nope, dont really offer it as it is a pig to fit, i fit the 74 range quite slim, with screws and a slight lip to get over normal non flat walls. I would do a link to the range on the hamilton site, but i think their site is crap so there is no point.
I like hamilton stuff but a customer brought 4 single screwless flat plate for her kitchen they where the worst sockets I have fitted for the time they took but they did look nice when done.

I fitted some Crabtree screwless at my parent's house. Complete sod to fit. Looked nice when finished though. No pain no gain!!

For whats it worth, on ring ccts I always terminate cpc's into seperate terminals if their are two connections on the back of socket outlet.

Just think that if both cpc's are in one termination and screw comes loose then no earthing, however terminating seperately reduces total loss of earth.

Always use Deta from our wholesaler, but they have now stated to stock click (scolmore) stuff which is decent gear.

For whats it worth, on ring ccts I always terminate cpc's into seperate terminals if their are two connections on the back of socket outlet.Just think that if both cpc's are in one termination and screw comes loose then no earthing, however terminating seperately reduces total loss of earth.
I prefer to put them through one piece of sleeving and terminate in one connection. Worse thing that could happen is on socket outlet would be unearthed. The way you do it if you had two loose connections you could have a whole part of the ring main unearthed which could be seriously dangerous.

Batty

Latest posts