WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samtom

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout. I have one of these installed at my house and it has 3 live fuses. I am looking to turn my house into 3 separate flats all with their own electric meter. My current WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout seems perfect because it already had 3 live fuses - however - It seems that it only has 2x neutral inputs, which is strange because surely it should have 3 neutral inputs? I know it is CNE, combined neutral and earth. It seems like it only has 2 earth inputs also.

Is there anything I can purchase so my future electrician is able to wire 3 neutral cables into the cutout? And, from what I can see on the datasheet it seems the connector block inside the neutral terminal is only rated for 100 amps? Is this correct? Because I guess it should be rated for 300 amps once all 3 live feeds are in use throughout the flats?

Thank you so much for any help,
Thomas

When the supplier's metering company fits the two extra meters they will sort how they are going to terminate the neutrals. You electrician will sort out how he's going to terminate the earths when he puts the switch fuses in and completes the rest of the installation.

The cutout is owned by the DNO, it is not yours to touch and is dangerous to do so if you won't know what you are doing, bear in mind there will likly be 415v potential between lines, a fault level of quite a few KA, and the next fuse back will likely be in the transformer LV switchboard and rated at circa 400A

The first thing you should do is investigate whether you can have 3 extra meters. That is 1 per flat and 1 for the communal supply. If feasible there will be costs and lead times to achieve this

well if its 3 phase installation then there's only one neutral needed... and the neutral current is the balance between phases, not the total of all 3 phases

you're best getting the advice of your electrician than some idiot on the internet