Y Plan Heating System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymondo

Reaction score
When I turn the power on the pump starts to run straight away. When I press the heating button on the horsttmann c27 controller both heating and water lights come on and have no control via room or cylinder stats so boiler and pump just keep running with no control. checked a y plan wiring diagram and all looks ok, any ideas/ help would be appreciated. (3 port valve is a Honeywell V4073A.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it's wired wrong.

Either fault find properly with a meter?

Or just check the wiring centre is connected properly. Something must be wrong, so no good saying it's all connected correctly, it can't be

Agree with PD on this, really need to test correctly because if it was right it'd work properly!

Options are;

1) test correctly

2) disconnect everything and start again

3) call a competent electrician to sort it out.

If you can't do 1 & 3

Then you will need to disconnect everything and take a picture of each component wiring so we can try and talk you through it, this would be assuming that the cables are to the correct locations of course.

Welcome to the forum. Please let us know if this is a DIY question, or are you an electrician with some test equipment available. Also is this an existing system that has gone faulty or is it a new install that has never worked. If it was existing, what has been done recently to it, any items changed moved etc. Has a 'plumber' touched it?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be the 3 Port Valve stuck or broken
I concur.....if it was running perfectly before without anyone messing with the wires,  i would say one of the micro switches in the 3 port valve is stuck on.

Thanks for all the advice,changed the 3 port valve as it looked as if it had been played with. Found the problem was a faulty terminal box. Now works perfectly.

Latest posts