You've gotta smile

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 I have always believed no country should have more people than it can feed. During WW2 UK population was around 30 million, now we are up around 70 million. When I was born we were around 56 million. So we need to kill half the population  :^O . 

Biggest failure of the EU has been the inability to control illegal economic migration. All an African needs to do is get across to EU territory, then refuse to say where they came from, and we can't send them back! A faintly rediculous situation, and it was these types of immigrants (not the Syrian refuges) who caused the trouble in Germany, cause trouble in Italy, Spain, France and for the UK via the poor lorry drivers.

That's because the Brussels "elite" don't want to .............. they'd let half of Africa in if the voters would let them ....................... 

For everyone that resettles another 10 start heading for the EU ...................... most of the EU countries are big enough to cope and France , yes the French ............ make it SO difficult everybody want to move on ............................ 

Ultimately this is the issue that will bring the EU tower down IMHO .............. I have absolutely no issue with helping people in real need , but Germany offering an open door on behalf of the other 26 countries was a step too far for me.

As for the food ................. the UK could do more to feed itself ..................... just look at the set aside around the UK ................ why bother planting and raising stock if you can be paid not to do it............... the economics of a mad man .............. but that's the CAP summed up ..................... go compare the size of farms across France then England ................. there is almost no comparison ................. but nobody dare upset the French farmers .............................. they get very angry.

I know what you're saying ...its wall to wall Brexit at the moment  .  I only dive in occasionally  ,   I love radio ,  dividing  my time between  Radio4 ..Radio5..RadioWM ..Radio4Extra .  mainly . 

Now this mystery hour sounds interesting  whats it about  ....or is it a mystery?   :tongueincheek  

Yup - especially the James O'Brien show ...................... 10am to 1pm  during the week................... did you know he claims to be "self employed" yet has hosted this show for 14 years?

Mystery Hour - noon to 1 pm on Thursday .....................give it a try

I believe many radio presenters are "Self Employed "       I've heard similar conversations on WM  .  We used to have an excellent  Aussie guy on weekday mornings  doing consumer affairs , dodgy gear ,  scams ,  and wasn't afraid to tackle the council  head on .   He helped a lot of people  because he  was known through out the area.   He died recently  but I'm sure he ,and others , are contracted , say for the year , subject to renewal  ,  and are / were self employed. 

Remember they dumped Jimmy Young on Radio 2  after many years  , but I'd bet he  was  on contract .   So whats the recipe today Jim ???    No redundancy payment thats what. 

I shall be listening out for Mystery Hour . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe many radio presenters are "Self Employed "      

Hum ................ IR 35 was supposed to stop this

HMRC could fix this tomorrow ................... it would be so easy ............... 

Proper self employed people work for many people each month ................

AND with high earners like James O'Brien,  I would say he should be paying tax and NI at source as an employee and then declare his other income as 2nd, 3rd and 4th jobs at the end of the year ..........................................

I posted a radio gem on here a while back .        I  pressed the one hour button  on the bedside radio around midnight  , usually drift off to sleep .          Some wildlife people had fitted a tracker last year to  one of the few osprey  in Scotland  , they disappear in the winter .

He's called Nimrod ,  the beacon alarm sounds in Scotland to show Nimrod is on the move .....in southern Portugal  .   They track him  following the coast and turning North ,  returning to his nest  in Scotland ...but he's heading for the Bay of Biscay  and theres a fearsome storm blowing  , shipping  and aircraft diverted  .    

Fearing for his safety they sit up all night in the radar cabin ...... Nimrod approaches the Bay of Biscay and starts to gain altitude  until he's at some terrific height they thought birds  never went   ...he flies above the killer storm  and by morning he's over the Channel  .   

Nimrod lands somewhere  on the south coast of England  and rests  for a day .

Some of the wildlife guys are now in position at the secret nesting site  on the West coast of Scotland   as Nimrod  flies the length of England  and crosses the border  , his  unerring  navigation  rivalling the RAF  ....when suddenly as  the sun goes down , they spot him  as he homes in  and lands  onto the very same nest  he left last year  for his trip to Portugal  .       :Salute

I'm sitting up in bed hoping he's gonna make it !!  

Hum ................ IR 35 was supposed to stop this

HMRC could fix this tomorrow ................... it would be so easy ............... 

Proper self employed people work for many people each month ................

AND with high earners like James O'Brien,  I would say he should be paying tax and NI at source as an employee and then declare his other income as 2nd, 3rd and 4th jobs at the end of the year ..........................................
I'd say  that most of them are registered as journalists  and due to the nature of the job  I'm thinking it doesn't apply  to them  .   

They only enforce it upon the working class self employed  in  construction  .

Probably find Barristers , surgeons ,  MPs  ,  all do self employed work ,   an MP could write a newspaper article say and  invoice them  etc.   

I imagine the BBC  would ..say .... have people like  Parky  or  Graham  Norton  contracted for one series  at a time , so they'd be self employed .  Just guessing . 

That's because the Brussels "elite" don't want to .............. they'd let half of Africa in if the voters would let them ....................... 
I don't think that is true. Europeans (including us) have spent many years fighting for civil liberties, including the right to remain silent. This in turn is being abused by illegal immigrants to remain where they are not wanted. Difficult really, do you say only Europeans have civil rights or do we apply to all the world? - needs a large dose of common sense in my opinion, but then some twot civil rights lawyer would probably make a fortune from legal action..... 

It also has to be said, many countries refuse to take these people back. China is a point in case, it refuses to take Chinese criminals back, ie any Chinese citizen that has been convicted of a crime in the UK so they end up stuck in the UK. Firkin annoying to say the least.

Mystery Hour - noon to 1 pm on Thursday .....................give it a try
Caught  the last 1/2 hour , very interesting ...a plethora of questions coming in on all subjects .  

Theres a similar thing on Radio 5  with an Australian... Doctor  Karl  answers Science questions  .... but it's for those who don't sleep too well   ....3.00 AM   on Radio5    " Up All Night"   Med.Wave    or  on the podcast   ( Hey I'm cool ) 

Latest posts