they are:

Pretentious

Status symbols

pointless

expensive

And for people who cant think of anything useful to spend their cash on

If you ask me........

sellers

ah but I bet you'd love 'REV 1' on the C max;)

Theorysparky
And, according to a Poll done by Patch, all male drivers who have a personalised registration Plate - Have small Willies. Especially those that drive a Silver Car. ROTFWL

Sorry Guys, I couldn't resist.

:run:popcorn

Wrong !!!!!!!!

Badger
Wrong !!!!!!!!

thankyou theory sparky :put the kettle on have a cuppa on me :^O

Manator

I voted silly, simply because 90% of private plates mean nothing to anyone but the owner.

revjames
ah but I bet you'd love 'REV 1' on the C max;)

Nah wouldnt bother. Cmax long gone I drive an 06 X type estate and trying to get rid of that now as current job seems a bit shaky and I could be on the dole soon.

wozz

i voted for other.

I have one it was a 18th birthday present. to date i havnt owned a car new enough to put it on, and for the last four years i have had vans and will not put it on a van. And dont think i will be owning in the near future, if ever!!!!

So never used it, but last time i checked it was nearly doubled its value!

steptoe

I think they are pretentious and silly,

especially as most of themn dont actually spell anything,

R16GY is not a word, words dont have numbers in them, (not having a dig at you RIGGY, )

I dont mind the NI plates so much, you can have DAZ , BIL , etc.

or thay dont look so bad on company vans,

worked for AC electrical once(the guys name was Anthony Crosby or something) and his van was 230 VAC ,

worked really well,

bet REV had his own plate in Kiwiland, you can pick almost anything you want as long as its not rude or taken , I had YER MAUN :D

so Im a hypocite I suppose, but at least it was a word, (non English fair enough)

Badger
I think they are pretentious and silly,

especially as most of themn dont actually spell anything,

R16GY is not a word, words dont have numbers in them, (not having a dig at you RIGGY, )

I dont mind the NI plates so much, you can have DAZ , BIL , etc.

or thay dont look so bad on company vans,

worked for AC electrical once(the guys name was Anthony Crosby or something) and his van was 230 VAC ,

worked really well,

bet REV had his own plate in Kiwiland, you can pick almost anything you want as long as its not rude or taken , I had YER MAUN :D

so Im a hypocite I suppose, but at least it was a word, (non English fair enough)

:red card:coat

sellers

I allways wanted S311ERS but when i last saw it for sale it was 17k and since then I can't find it and its not on any vehicle? Can get S321ERS for 250quid which I may buy for the van.

Admin

Apparently, It isn't the cost of the actual number plate - They Can be very cheap.

It is the actul cost of the "Extras" that you have to have and do, to get it on your actual vehicle.

So I am led to believe.

Badger
Apparently, It isn't the cost of the actual number plate - They Can be very cheap.

It is the actul cost of the "Extras" that you have to have and do, to get it on your actual vehicle.

So I am led to believe.

thats true admin, i went through dvla a few years ago to get mine which was 250 all in on to my old car, but then a few years later ive changed the car, its cost me another 105 pound to transfer from old car to new car, if you go through dvla direct then it wont have extras for your first time, as they include the transfer costs in the price usually, well they did when i checked anyway i bought my plate in 2005

Admin 2
I allways wanted S311ERS but when i last saw it for sale it was 17k and since then I can't find it and its not on any vehicle? Can get S321ERS for 250quid which I may buy for the van.

I'd go for the

steptoe

sorry, but Im lost here,

what does

S three one one E R S mean ?

as opposed to

S three two one E R S

they are still random numbers and letters, unless you are dyslexic, and no disregard to our hard of reading members, I think even they know the difference between numbers and letters.

only an idiot can spell a word from numbers, sorry, but i learned to count at 3 years old, and i also learned that numbers are not used for words.

only an opinion mind, you cant educate shugh.

Badger

sellers even i can get it :^O s ;) 3 = e ;) 1 = L 1 = L e = e :^O r = r :^O s = s :^O

Admin

See how easy it is Steps? Even Badger got it. ROTFWL

Badger
See how easy it is Steps? Even Badger got it. ROTFWL

:red card:D:innocent

sellers

St3ps man, relax, you've had too many harsh winters here up north. The suns out now be happy and leave your groans behind. Your sounding like my dad, 'ey why don't you spend your money on something useful son, instead of wasting it on cars and beer'

m4tty

Maybe your old mans gotta pint lol

Riggy
St3ps man, relax, you've had too many harsh winters here up north. The suns out now be happy and leave your groans behind. Your sounding like my dad, 'ey why don't you spend your money on something useful son, instead of wasting it on cars and beer'

Well said that man!

If I called everyone who disagreed with MY biggoted prejudices an idiot I'd get thrown off the forum - quite rightly!

Blue Fox

I have one on my personal car, bought it about 14 years ago, its a letter followed by 666 FOX, as Fox is my surname, it stands out a bit and looks abit different and I wouldn't say it was a waste of money at all, name something else you can buy for that kind of money and keep for the rest of your life, I can't.

steptoe

i spend my money on essentials like drink & drugs, the rest I waste on stuff like food.

I do get the numbers letters thing, I just find it funny how people will go to great stretches of it all just to get a word, and I really do laugh when even they know its wrong by then putting what its meant to be on the bottom of the numberplate.

as for proper ones, I have no problem with that.

ie:- TOM 1977

but only if your name is TOM, it doesnt work so well if your name is ERIC or JAMES.

573PS

must see if its for sale. :D

Couleddie

From what i've noticed it seems to be compulsory if you have a Range Rover Sport but then I expect that's because drivers of these assume they're something special. Perhaps someone with one has the number TO55 ERS. That certainly would be appropriate.

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

Nothing like digging up an old thread. I saw FAN 745Y on a Lambo. Some better explain that plate to Steps.

steptoe
Nothing like digging up an old thread. I saw FAN 745Y on a Lamb. Some better explain that plate to Steps.

well, we do have a lot of welsh members :|