1. 1. Reguarding personalised numberplates

• I have one on my own [personal] vehicle
    • I have one on my work vehicle [self employed]
    • I would like one
    • I think they are silly
    • I think they are a waste of money
    • Other (please specify below)

SLIPSHOD & SLAPDASH

A long long time ago i inherited my great aunts car, a Mk 2 Cortina. She lived in Belfast and i think the number was AOI 9. The car was a piece of s*it, rotten but i sold it for a lot of money due to the plate & luckily for me it was shortly after the Irish and English licensing had joined. I have some old photos somewhere but cant find them & ironically i own a 1600 GT Mk 2 Cortina now.

And i was just going to post , no posts unless accompanied by a picture of the car with the plate.

steptoe

xOI must be '70s that easily, each county in NI has its own 3letters, and then Belfast again, at the minute I think they all end in Z , xAZ xKZ xDZ etc and have done for a fair few years now,

eg CKZ is IIRC about 1992 [i think],

Evans Electric

I have personalised initials on my Lambgorgini Focus ..EBA... don't know whose they are !!

apprentice87

Unless they are business related like the one KME has on the van, i cannot see the point. Personally, if i had a brand new roller, i would rather the world SEE i had one, rather than some, "funny" number... Dare i say i think they are the province of arthur daley types or footballers!!!!

I bought a brand new bike yesterday, only a 125, but why would i care in the least what number was on the back??

Wonder if Megger would do me a personalised serial number on my MFT ????!!!!

john

Steve3948

Maybe you don't want anyone to know it's new.

I had a new BMW 3 Series M Sport, wife goes shopping at local supermarket someone rams a shopping trolley into the door, damage £2,300, a few months later wing mirror snapped off on door, not just mirror the whole bracket, damage £800, final straw keyed down one side, damage £3k.

Put private plate on it and no further damage, but hated the car so swapped down for 1 Series Coupé, not had it touched to date.

Sharpend

Maybe you don't want anyone to know it's new.

I had a new BMW 3 Series M Sport, wife goes shopping at local supermarket someone rams a shopping trolley into the door, damage £2,300, a few months later wing mirror snapped off on door, not just mirror the whole bracket, damage £800, final straw keyed down one side, damage £3k.

Put private plate on it and no further damage, but hated the car so swapped down for 1 Series Coupé, not had it touched to date.

Post a picture and we'll get that sorted for you!!!!!!

Steve3948

Post a picture and we'll get that sorted for you!!!!!!

Don't think so :Pray

steptoe

BMW

why? headbang

2 things,

Beer Money Wasted

and its a poor mans Merc/Audi,

sorry to offend, but they have been a carp car for a long time, I really wouldnt waste my money on one, even if I could afford one. only my opinion mind, sorry.

its really nothing to do with the age of the car, or someones perception of its age, its purely down to jealousy of someone else cant see you having something they dont,

my Mrs had her new [to her, 3 yo] 307 keyed outside our house, and we live in a cul-de-sac,! :o

just waiting to see how long it takes them to do her new [3yo again] Zafira this time.

Steve3948

Well had them for the last 24 years, changing every 2-4 years.

Never really fancied Mercs to many taxi drivers have them, never liked the foot hand break idea either.

Audi is just posh Volkswagon and they look a BMW now anyway.

Apache

UPDATE:

Well over 2 and a half years after starting this thread I've finally gone and done it.

I know exactly what people are saying about them meaning nothing to anyone but the owner but I think mine is easy to work out.

I am the proud owner of:

MO02 VET

(80% of my work is cattle).

I will try to get a picture.

:)

kerching

UPDATE:

Well over 2 and a half years after starting this thread I've finally gone and done it.

I know exactly what people are saying about them meaning nothing to anyone but the owner but I think mine is easy to work out.

I am the proud owner of:

MO02 VET

(80% of my work is cattle).

I will try to get a picture.

:)

Don't bother with the pic

Even as a thick spark I know what a Cow looks like

Sort of a big fat sheep without the wool, sometimes with horns. Dangly bits underneath and an Rs covered in sh1te

Just lowing

steptoe

:slap

to both of the above,