smeg dishwasher

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
called to look at a smeg DWI 410 dishwasher. seems to be stuck on 'delicate' cycle, but wont do anything. the delicate LED is on, but it wont change to another setting. the button is working (in that if you hold it whilst power is turned on, it beeps after a few seconds)

tried pressing/holding button whilst power is turned on etc, but nothing

looked through fault finding in manual, but no use. there is no fault listed that uses the delicate LED as an indication of fault

any ideas?

Sorry mate I for one know nothing about these new washing devises, still on doll and tub here, and to get rid of stains the old trusty scratch board.

Sorry, cant help with your particular query Andy, but it seems the once bullet proof Smeg range has been downgraded somewhat, as I have a client and a friend who are both having trouble with thier Smeg fridges.

Used to be unheard of that didnt it?

I don't know if this is of any help, but our old dishwaser went on fire.. luckily it was spotted before it got out of hand

I found that the wires going from the body of the dishwasher into the door had fractured due to their constant bending when opening and closing the door.. maybe one of the sensor wires has become damaged??