Indesit Wie7145 Washing Machine Fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

static

Reaction score
My washing machine goes through wash cycle empties the water then starts to spin and stops coming up with error code F11.  I have changed the pump, checked the bushes, checked the pipes for blockage and kinks, also checked that the feed is ok. hope someone can help

From another forum ;

Indesit Washing Machines and Washer Dryers
F10 - No cold fill. Check that the taps are on or if the drain hoses are kinked.
F11 - No hot fill.The ambient temperature is likely to be below freezing possibly due to the pipes being frozen. Also check that the taps are on or if the drain hoses are kinked.
F12 - No mixed fill. It is likely that the water is not turned on at the taps.
F13 - Check the water supply, inlet valve and hot and cold hose connections.
F14 - A fault with the water heating has occurred. Book a service engineer
F15 - Water is not being pumped out and a flood condition could occur. Check that the drainage hose is raised to the recommended minimum height and that the pipe is not blocked.
F16 - Extremely high water level Disconnect or turn off the water supply and ensure that the water level does not rise any more. Then Book a service engineer.
F17 - Door not closed properly. Close door firmly at the 3 o'clock position.
F20/1 - The thermistor resistance has drifted or the temperature scanning sequence is incorrect. The ambient temperature could be below freezing. Book a service engineer.
F30/31 - A motor drive problem has occurred. Try running the programme again. If the problem persists book a service engineer.
F40 - Water below protection level during a heat step. Book a service engineer.
F41 - Water level detect sequence incorrect. Book a service engineer.
F50/51 - Customer language and wash programme have not been saved. The system will run with default conditions Now having the complete error code list, the DENO does not come up with a code, may be a fatal error

I believe Indesit and hotpoint are basically the same.

Not so sure about that F11 being to do with hot fill. I'd look at the pump. Last pump fault I had was down to a broken bra wire. The wife said none of her bras were missing wires..........my offer to "check" the one she was wearing fell on deaf ears:

F11

Pump
Check pump connections and module connections

This is a failure to drain or to detect the presence of the drain pump in the washing machine. Check the pump for blockages or any obvious signs of damage, does the pump impeller turn freely, are the windings of the drain pump open circuit? Again if the winding coils of pump motor are open circuit then it will need to be replaced but if the circuit is complete then it should be okay and run, the actual resistance is not really required.

The general consensus is that older Hotpoints are good but recent ones even though they might appear to be the same externally have Indesit "guts". And you end up with parts that you can't easily service. From a white goods forum:

"Hotpoint appliances had a reputation for being one of the easiest machines to fault find and repair.

Sadly however that is not the case today.

With the take over of the brand by Indesit the introduction of complex Indesit electronics that are very prone to failure and the additional curse of a totally sealed outer drum means that this is no longer true. Their own engineers have dedicated software on their laptops which is used to fault diagnose and re programme the electronics. This information is not available to the independent trade.

However at UK whitegoods we have a wealth of experienced engineers who are able to help you freely in most cases with advice on faults.

It is sad to have to say that the reliability of current Hotpoint appliances does not inspire confidence."

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange that we have an Indesit machine had it since October 2008 and it hasn't stopped once. Its used two or three times a day so used well. I think its like anything you can get a good or a bad one. As for Hotpoint we a have a Belling cooker apparently they are made by Hotpoint these days that has had more elements and even a new fan for the oven in the time we have had it. We have had it for 6 years though. I don't think things are made to last these days though.

Our indesit washing machine is knocking on 20 years old and still going strong,, in that time its had a couple of sets of motor brushes, a belt, maybe a door seal and a motor speed controller - which was nearly the end of the machine if I hadn't have found one on eBay for £35

From what I hear Bosch are being a tad "crafty". Some of their cheaper kit is now made in Spain rather than Germany but labelled as "Made In EU". NOT wanting to detract from THIS forum but for most domestic appliance issues I go on the U K Whitegoods forum. Once there go Help & Advice / The Appliance Industry  / Manufacturer Information for all you'll ever want to know about the names we know and love. Some interesting "who owns who" in there.

Last edited by a moderator: