Not Quite Such A Perfect Day.. Lou Reed Rip.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sick of Brian May. Badger-hugger. I'm suggesting reuniting him with Freddie, but not down here...............

3 posts in and the vet is trying to take my post OFF TOPIC!!!

:_|

I'm gonna report you to the moderators!!   :slap   :slap

I'm not into Badger hugging................... 

especially if he's trying to work out the sequence for his Christmas lights...  (he gets right stroppy you know if disturbed!!!)

I do hope you don't object to Beaver Kissing as much as Badger hugging....

Beavers need a bit of loving and the gentle touch IMHO!!!!

:innocent

Hi all just joined if your thinking who is this bloke !!

Mick Ronson had rather a lot to do with Lou Reeds Transformer album , he did all piano and string arrangements on this album as he was classically trained and not a bad guitar player either.

RIP Lou Reed

Big fan of lou Reed, even seen him live at Birmingham. Not too surprised he passed away at relatively young age, something to do with his early life style. Should here the shite on radio slagging off some of his songs cos there about heroin - total bull. Perfect Day is not about heroin, oddly enough the song Heroin is!!

I thought it was about heroin TBH .    Not a fan TBH .

Nor Queen .... over rated IMHO   Bohemian Rhapsody   ,,,over produced nonsense .

Whats that ??    Well you can't like everyone .

Some songs are somewhat obtuse  in their meaning , as with the early Blues where the words Jazz , Rock n Roll  had other meanings in that world.

Or CCR,s   Bad Moon Rising  was a anti Vietnam war  song   ...could never see it myself but must have different meanings in the US.   great tempo though.

Or the old House of the Rising Sun , most people think of it as a hit for the Animals in the 60,s   but its much older , should be sung by a female as its a brothel. 

How far off topic are we now ?

That was Stepps  , you know what he's like !  

Just thought of another song  , Maggie May , not the Stewart one , the Liverpool folk one .    "She'll never walk down Lime Street anymore "

Showing my age now , no one will have heard it.

Or the old House of the Rising Sun , most people think of it as a hit for the Animals in the 60,s   but its much older , should be sung by a female as its a brothel. 

I heard Eric Burdon talk about this & I have it on tape, transferred to digital. 

Eric's story is absolutely scary.  His dad was an engineer in the Rising Sun

colliery in Geordie land, and the song and all its connotations have followed

him for the whole of his life since he performed it.

Lou Reed; "One chord is good, two is OK, three........and you are into Jazz."

Canoeboy said:
Perhaps Pache has got some Lice ointment / powder for him

*** See Horse Itching Thread ***

:pmsl:

brown sugar,

works without fail everytime  :D

and no embarassing trips to the chemist where its always a very svelte young lady behind the counter at that particular time,  :|