DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

New Member, Retired Navy Engineer

deeeeps

Hi Folks,

I trained as a Radio Electrical Artificer in the RN and served, both as an artificer and subsequently an engineer officer,

from Sep 70 to Nov 06

I have done a fair bit of DIY including installing a boiler and running some lighting circuits etc and have just joined here because of one specific question I have now:    Can anyone recommend a decent cable finder please.  I have an ancient

'Rapitest' Wire and Pipe Detector (circa 1980s probably)  that worked quite well but has now developed a form of dementia - it has a mind of its own.)   I am into a small project that requires drilling into the wall in 4 places and I would rather be safe than sorry.

36 years in the Navy, what happened? Did they forget about you in the engine room or something? :)

Anyways welcome to the forum, sorry I can,t give you a good answer to your question as mine is rubbish as well, but I am sure someone will answer your question, there is also a very good test gear supplier on here called meggermark.

Evans Electric

Welcome aboard Mr. Deeeeps    ( Bosun's whistle sounds! )      There are a lot of metal detectors around these days , you can pay up to £100  . Could try a Draper one ,  £16 at Toolstation. 

Doc Hudson

Welcome to the forum. Are there a lot of sockets and switches near to where you are drilling? As a general rule, If wired correctly cables should only run horizontally or vertically from accessories. or within 15cm of corners or ceilings.

Doc H.

Archived