DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
James Johnston

Earthing and bonding advice needed.

Question

James Johnston

Hello any advice on fitting an earth to a remote builders supply ? I've seen copper rods at Screwfix or would a nearby stock fence wire be a suitable alternative ? The wire fence is right next to the shed, I've got 3 meters of earthing wire just want to know where to take it to must it be a copper rod ? Thanks 

Evans Electric

Don't think it is Rob. 

James Johnston
On 20/05/2018 at 19:17, Murdoch said:

Are you being serious?

Yes I bought an earth rod from Screwfix with clamp under a fiver hammered into the ground job done  

James Johnston
On 13/06/2018 at 08:39, Sidewinder said:

James,

Please tell me you are just posting this for a laugh, and it is all a wind up?

There are laws against shoddy workmanship, which could pose daner to others with electricity.

As far as your comment on “there's no law against it is there?”, well, yes there is actually.

The Health and Safety at Work erc. Act 1974, is a start.

Closely followed by the Electricity At Work Regulations 1989.

Then as you mention construction, there is the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.

Following that there is the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.

Most of these have been amended since their publication, but, they are all still current law.

If I had time, I could give you the relevant regulations that your & your company seem to have breached as illustrated by your posts here.

Well time is short so try answering the question succinctly and btw the notifications have been sent to junk email so that's why the long delay I thought you electricians were making so much money you were still in the Algarve 

Murdoch

Don't feed the troll.

kerching
5 hours ago, James Johnston said:

Well time is short so try answering the question succinctly and btw the notifications have been sent to junk email so that's why the long delay I thought you electricians were making so much money you were still in the Algarve 

Yep....according to Connections magazine £47k per year

i for one have spent the last two weeks on a golf course, with my accommodation about 800m from the beach

remember 

Bonding is for wimps, Bondage is for Gimps

just saying

Sidney

I must be really bad at my job then as I've spent two hours this afternoon in my garage sweating my small but amples off stripping copper for a few beer tokens...

And I broke my stripper... 😫

binky
8 hours ago, James Johnston said:

Yes I bought an earth rod from Screwfix with clamp under a fiver hammered into the ground job done  

and have you tested the rod to make sure you have an earth that is good enough to work - no you firkin haven't os you don't knoe how to test a rod and don't have the test gear to do it anyway.  James, please stop trying to do work you haven't got a firkn clue about. I don't do plastering for a firkin good reason, I don't know how to do it properly, you clearly don't knoe how to do electrics properly, just looking at the **** termination of the earth into the board is enough to tell me everything I need to know about your skills in regards to electrics. As a main contractor you have serious legal liabilities for all trades working under your control, stop rying to cheapskate and get the right trades people to do the work. I'm suspecting you are winning contracts on low prices - don't waste your time on **** contracts, quote proper prices and use proper tradesmen to do the works.

kerching
24 minutes ago, binky said:

just looking at the **** termination of the earth into the board is enough to tell me everything I need to know

A real man would have just cut a few of the strands off...they always put spares in anyway

apprentice87
On 21/05/2018 at 20:36, James Johnston said:

Jack of all trades 

Jack of all trades, means no formal qualifications in anything.. I have been on a bus, does not make me a bus driver..

john..

James Johnston

I learned the ropes the hard way by trial and error 

On 06/07/2018 at 23:16, kerching said:

A real man would have just cut a few of the strands off...they always put spares in anyway

The installation is working a treat 

Stormy Daniels must be hard up 

IMG_8618.JPG