DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Luddite

Optima G3 (help needed on door contact)

Luddite

Hi

Some years ago I put the complete system

Then some years after that I replaced bell box and the small spare panel.

I am now trying to practice dementia (lol) because my brain seems to struggle with what I now need to do despite having all the manuals.

My son had yet another motorbike stolen so I have built a metal shed and have wired a flush door sensor to it, now I can not get it recognised by the control panel.

On the existing system zone 3 & 4 are joined so I copied the wiring to the flush contact on 7.

which is black&red to silver screws, Yellow and blue together to brass screw.  Yellow & blue in box to tamper, red & black to zone 7.

I have now dug some of my old notes out and they show different.

Black & red to silver screws, then yellow, green & blue to brass.  (do all of these last 3 go to tamper?)

Please refresh my memory

thanks

PS  I can not remember whether I have to initialise to get the system to recognise thgis new zone.

What I did what set it to chime but nothing happens (no red light)

Edited by Luddite
clarification

Evans Electric

Don't worry about what colour you use  other than its best to follow the rest of the  system  .

The 2  silver screws  are the contacts  (  switch )   .  The brass  screws are just remote terminal  screws  .

So  your red & black  are in Zone 7  which is OK   .  (  Did you remove the link?) 

The Yellow & Blue   (Tamper )   need to go in series with the other tamper  loops .

Ignore the other two colours in the cable. 

Scan0001.jpg

Luddite

Thanks mate

just got in from watching the blues game,

Love the sketch btw

toomorow (when sober, hic) I will be back asking questions after studying your plan (or getting you over to b31) lol

thank you, as mentioned above

Luddite

Sober now and trying to start from scratch 

118968159_shedalarmswitch.thumb.jpg.a43ae1777d6e1b53ea7d26baf31ff810.jpg

Evans Electric

Blue is unused  ,  yellow & green twisted together on a spare terminal   .   Really you should connect the tamper across the  tamper switch in your door contact  ...you'll see two metal contacts  that open when you remove the cover .

I'm not familiar with your panel  but if the zones are programmable  they usually default to  " Guard"  . So it should work .  

Luddite

Sorry mate, gonna act dumb now

Are you saying Yellow to 1, Green to 3 for example on door switch - with them both going to tamper in alarm box

The way I have it, (yellow & green together on 3) nothing is responding

EDIT:

Oh, just re read it.

open the switch, find which 2 are the switch and put yellow & green to those, Is that correct please?

Edited by Luddite
clarification

Evans Electric

Tell you what , Ned  ,  don't bother with the tamper wires  , ( They need to be in series with the  rest of them )           just connect  your red & Bk to the silver contacts  in the door switch  and the other ends into Zone 7  after removing the shorting link ,  Forget the other cores .  If it doesn't work you need the manual to reprogramme  zone 7   .    

You could connect it into another zone which is already set to "Guard"    but must connect it in series not parallel  .  

Honeywell supply those panels now ,  you can phone them  for an engineer's  manual. 

Edited by Evans Electric

Luddite

Thank you