Light fitting confusion

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

əʌɐp ɹəʇsıɯ

Reaction score
I Bought a new light fitting, the instructions say to fit ceiling Neutral Blue to light fitting Blue, Ceiling Earth Loop Green/Yellow to light fitting Green/Yellow, Ceiling Switch Wire to Brown and Live Loop to nothing on 4 way connection block

There are 3 wires coming from the ceiling, Blue, Brown and Green Yellow.  Do I just connect the Brown as the Live Loop or am I missing something?  The instructions say it should be blue with brown sheathing?

Any help would be great :)

Blue to the neutral of the light fitting.

Brown to the live of the light fitting.

Green/Yellow to earth of the light fitting.

Your wiring does not have any loops in it. and the instructions are a generic sheet giving basic guidance to any competent person able to follow simple wiring. There are numerous wiring methods that can be adopted at switches and/or light fittings, If the instruction sheets tried to describe every possibility it would be as long as the menu at your average Chinese take-away. (or other such similar fast food establishment).

Doc H.

F7Ey.png.b0a138b033246d8155c7f9df6cda6357.png

this is a picture of the instructions, I guess it's safe to connect as you suggested.