pump overrun

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt1111

Reaction score
central heat issue does worchester boilr ri15 heat need pump overrun and is routing a cable or wireless system the only way oris there some other way would really appreciate help thanks

Yes has overrun and needs hard wiring. 
ok thank you.  and  there is manufacturer salus has switch box R F solution is this ok and are you familiar with such boxes apparently sends signal every five seconds for sixty seconds with no chance of tv wifi getting interference but hard wiring is arkward but the salus may have delay for getting the pump to over run versus hard wiring

hard wiring boiler to pump overrun is always best but new product slaus switch mains wireless rf solution is easier does anyone havw experience of the salus or similar products out there

Looking at wiring diagram for boiler would suggest the pump and switched live is all 230v so this remote box of tricks of which you speak must involve some contactor of sorts? 

Why is hard wiring awkward? 

a quick google of Salus RF switches brings up a host of wireless thermostats this is nothing to do with pump unless I’m missing something or looking at wrong thing ? :C  

Sounds like a load of rowing boat oar retention systems to me any boiler I have done has needed a perm live to boiler and as Geoff so wisely said 'it's a function of boiler controls and NOT external controls' so whatever is external tomit should have no effect if it is wired correctly but what do I know as I never got as far as punctuation 😉🤔

Stuff like pump over-run  or fan assisted flues etc are ..I would think ,  and as others have said ,    always managed by the boiler control board  .  These days the only external stuff would be a room stat  & maybe a frost stat .  

Sounds to me someone did not read the manual and has wired the pump some other way, and as the pump is not close to the boiler are now struggling to find a way to get a cable (or some wireless device) from the boiler to the pump so it can operate as it should.

I can't think of cant 'off the shelf' product that will do the pump, but, if it's single 'signal' and has 240V at both ends, I can't be beyond the wit of man to design a simple system using propriatory products?

Doing fine thanks Sharp.... it has been quite a while, got fed up with a few things that I’ve long since forgotten and been using devices which are mainly app driven so not been using a browser much.... thats my excuse anyhow ;)   ,,, and I’m sticking to it (I think)🤯