Interesting article in PE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A brief history of MK    ( Multy Kontact )  

Theres two things I learnt .

One of the original partners in MK was  Mr Belling  of heaters & fires fame .

MK now owned by Honewell .  

MK has been part of Honeywell for 13+ years....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MK_Electric

Post war[edit]

In 1966 the company floated on the stock exchange and became MK Electric Holding Company Ltd. The company later became a subsidiary of Honeywell International in 2005 when its parent company Novar plc was acquired. Its factory in Southend-on-Sea produced its one millionth socket in 2014.[3]

Note the MK email addresses..  @Honeywell.com

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/ContactUs/Pages/default.aspx

You would have also noticed these contact details in their product catalogues..

:huh:

Guinness

I don't know how to do that !      I've tried to delete that but it won't go away .       I thought I could copy & paste  but no .     

The magazine  comes as an email  its not on the web .... well not as far as I know .  

Do they still have a football team?

I have no interest in sport at all, some years ago I was waiting for something to come on tv and the football results were being announced, it was back in the days of World of Sport I think.

Liverpool 1 Tottenham 3

Man City 3 Portsmouth 1

Leeds 2  Gillingham 2

MK Dons 3 Plymouth 2

The Announcer said, reading off the match results, "Well, you learn something new every day" I said to one of the lads, "what's that? " he asked, "well, I never knew that MK had a football team, they make sockets and switches and stuff you know" . Cue a load of laughter followed by the assurance that MK stood for Milton Keynes, and some rather rude comment about my lack of footballing knowledge. lol