DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Visual inspection ???

Evans Electric

First time ever , been asked to do a  " Visual "   

Do I drive past in first gear , leaning out of the van window , return to the  office & sign it off or what ???   :C  

Story is ,  family down the road have sold & are moving ,  the guy is a Gas Safe fitter , he's been doing the house up for the last two years ,  being a plumber / gas fitter  he's earned a fortune & is upgrading .  

He phoned me to say the estate agents  want the "electrics signed off "          I told him we can't sign off other's work  but can do an EICR  ,  check if that is acceptable .

He's phoned back to say the agents only want a "Visual"    .   I've never done a "Visual"   as to me there is no point other than to see if switch plates are hanging off say ,  or look at an ancient , wooden fuseboard , with rubber cables  ,  recommend a rewire  and walk out . 

Anyone else ever done a "Visual"?  

Sharpend

Sorry can’t say I have but that’s more to do with not being competitive on price!!

£15-£20 for visual based on the £50 EICR :C 

kerching

I believe the NIC used to produce a Visual test Cert ( I think )

i was told years ago by NICEIC man...."if you do a visual then leave ALL test equipment in the Van, Visual is visual and nothing more"

Murdoch

Not sure a visual would be worth anything .....

Andy™

just note on cert 'visual only' then FI everything and give it an unsatisfactory as you couldnt verify that it was satisfactory...

NozSpark

Electraform do a visual EICR form... cost £1 per cert

SPECIAL LOCATION
4 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

First time ever , been asked to do a  " Visual "   

Do I drive past in first gear , leaning out of the van window , return to the  office & sign it off or what ???   :C  

Story is ,  family down the road have sold & are moving ,  the guy is a Gas Safe fitter , he's been doing the house up for the last two years ,  being a plumber / gas fitter  he's earned a fortune & is upgrading .  

He phoned me to say the estate agents  want the "electrics signed off "          I told him we can't sign off other's work  but can do an EICR  ,  check if that is acceptable .

He's phoned back to say the agents only want a "Visual"    .   I've never done a "Visual"   as to me there is no point other than to see if switch plates are hanging off say ,  or look at an ancient , wooden fuseboard , with rubber cables  ,  recommend a rewire  and walk out . 

Anyone else ever done a "Visual"?  

Quite a long time ago I did one....

Easy money providing customer is happy to pay..

just told them it was half day's labour charge...

(No point faffing around for just an hour & half labour.)

I used some of the generic NIC non-logoed forms..

they were to 17th edition consisted of two pages...

Page #1 front:

927771452_VISUALPAGE1.thumb.jpg.d97b26db6606b25693e80b54bfd5e381.jpg

Page #1 rear:

218632729_VISUALPAGE1REAR.thumb.jpg.0d74f45c289c7ccdaf260569cbe2ed04.jpg

Page #2 front:

1117046565_VISUALPAGE2.thumb.jpg.2b802c35721d962865e846373bcd7823.jpg

Page #2 rear:

1879244758_VISUALPAGE2REAR.thumb.jpg.ef2b084de3d594e5674ff819ac9462eb.jpg

As I said...  Not many boxes to fill in.....

Easy money if you can charge the right price.

Guinness:D

Evans Electric

Thanks guys ,  I agree its not worth a lot  but thats what they want ,  I offered to carry out an EICR  .  

I downloaded this .  (Front page of 2 )

I see NICEIC  have a Visual pad in their online shop but I was unable to buy it as I'm an ELECSA ite .    ELECSA don't do them .  

Scan0002.jpg

Edited by Evans Electric

SPECIAL LOCATION
2 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Thanks guys ,  I agree its not worth a lot  but thats what they want ,  I offered to carry out an EICR  .  

I downloaded this .  (Front page of 2 )

I see NICEIC  have a Visual pad in their online shop but I was unable to buy it as I'm an ELECSA ite .    ELECSA don't do them .  

If want any of these un-logoed one's I've still got, PM me an address and I will send you some in the post?

:)

I know technically they were printed during 17th.. But how much different info is needed for an 18th edition visual????

:C

And at the end of the day you could just write your own word document anyway covering all relevant details!

Guinness

Rutts35

If not done already I could build a PDF version that's fillable?

Evans Electric

Thanks for those kind offers guys ,   however , after all the kerfuffle   about EICRs etc  he still hasn't phoned back so I've wrote it off  .   I think he'll  have moved  by next week .     Job was all of 200mtrs away  , I thought I'd check each room for anything iffy , bathroom for sockets mounted in the bath etc ,   Zs on sockets , Ze at the board , polarity , test button the RCDs  and  fifty squid please for walking down the road. 

Edited by Evans Electric