Any ideas?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's obviously part of a burnt out hyperdrive from the Star-Ship Enterprise. The melted needle bit is the speed indicator, showing how many Galaxies per second you will pass through. Or it may be the dashboard display for a shielding device on the Millennium Falcon. The melted dial would rotate clockwise to indicate the shield strength. You would need to check on the back for the model and serial numbers to be 100% sure. Other than that, I don't have a clue!

What do those wires connect onto on the back?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the black goo part of a melted dial, or is it the internals of the disk that have melted out?

Any pictures of the other side? 

My guess is a sensor of some type. 

Is the black goo part of a melted dial, or is it the internals of the disk that have melted out?

Any pictures of the other side? 

My guess is a sensor of some type. 

I think the goo is from the inside, not an indicator of some sort? It's in a electrical intake room of large super market, may be seeing it in person late next week.

I think the goo is from the inside, not an indicator of some sort? It's in a electrical intake room of large super market, may be seeing it in person late next week.

Well obviously it is a non-calibrated goo dispenser then if it has no indicator! probably circa 1970 or earlier. As I think from May 1971 all Goo-Dispensers had to be calibration to BS guidance, so a working indicator needle would have been mandatory!

Doc H.