DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

An interesting problem ..to me anyway.

Evans Electric

I have two ancient email accounts which I don't seem to be able to access .   

One of them popped up , full of saved  emails  , the other I cannot seem to get into  .    I'd like to transfer a couple of things to where I can view them again  , hen shut them down . 

They must be taking up space   .   One is my first email address  ,  provider  was Wanadoo .   The other is a redundant business account   with Hotmail  which must be full to the brim by now . 

Andy™

emails dont really take up much space

Evans Electric

Really  !!      I 've just accessed one of them    can't tell which one  TBH  ,   dates back to 2007 .  

Some stuff about Fire Alarms   there , I started to delete them . 

Some don't give the delete option   ,  most odd . Give up on that one  .   Wannadoo  became Orange  ,  they were both carp !  

Any Idea how I could access my redundant email  ?    

Edited by Evans Electric

Andy™
6 minutes ago, Evans Electric said:

Really  !!      I 've just accessed one of them    can't tell which one  TBH  ,   dates back to 2007 .  

Some stuff about Fire Alarms   there , I started to delete them . 

basic email without attachments is only a few KB. all my emails, thousands of them is only a few GB

Evans Electric

Blimey  !!      I imagine them clogging up the electronics. 

Should I close down the old  Hotmail email   ....I just sent it an email from my BT email  which shows delivered OK  . 

I cannot seem to find it and open it anymore  ,  nice to shut it down if possible . 

Edited by Evans Electric

Andy™

probably could close it. not sure how but it should be possible

Evans Electric

I remember trying to that  but not finding any way to do it  .     

Opened it a while later and it was heaving with , mostly , spam .  

Now I don't see a way to access it .    I've still got 10 million letter heads with that email on .      

Andy™
Just now, Evans Electric said:

Now I don't see a way to access it .    I've still got 10 million letter heads with that email on .      

thats what happens when people rely on free email addresses. no control over it or what happens

Evans Electric

OOooops  

Murdoch

You should really set up your email so it downloads to your pc .... then you have some control over it

Evans Electric

I wouldn't have a clue  Murdo .     I changed   emails to  ....Personal = BT   &   Evans Electric  = gmail     some years ago . 

Murdoch

Try windows live mail, set up instructions are fairly simple, then your emails will be on your pc or laptop

Andy™

most emails use imap. emails are stored on the mail server and accessible anywhere. setup a pop3 somewhere which downloads them fromt he mail server and keeps a permanent copy on the PC. just make sure you check / uncheck the box to delete from the mail server once downloaded

Sharpend

I thought emails were pop3 and you could change them to imap? This is what I had to do with my BT accounts. Not that I can access them now as it tells me to enter the password which i do and it still won’t let me have them :C but if I access them via my old iPad then I can still get them? 

Go figure???

Andy™

most emails are imap but most servers will accept imap or pop3 connections

loonytoon

Hi Evan's,

Hotmail 'close' email accounts that are inactive for just under a year.

https://www.lifewire.com/hotmail-account-expiration-1174279

Wannadoo, Orange, Freeserve etc email accounts were all closed end of May 2017, hence you won't get into that one.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2017/03/got-an-orange-freeserve-or-wanadoo-email-address-its-shutting-down-in-may---heres-what-to-do/

Hope this helps

Rob