Sign in to follow this  
Evans Electric

Older Crabtree RCD Main Switch ?

Evans Electric

Anyone got a Crabtree  80A  /30mA    Main Switch , BS 4293,     List No.    528/030   

Forgot to take picture  ,  early Starbreaker with the busbar  not plug-in .          Customer doesn't want to shell out for new board unless he has to .  

ProDave
kerching

I will have a look in my off site storage facility tomorrow.....those pics seem to ring a 🔔 

Evans Electric

Thanks Dave , I'll see if Kerch has anything , if not I'll go for that one . 

kerching

image.thumb.jpg.185cbe543b478ef13e70c83bd9ab412c.jpgclose but no cigar sorry

Evans Electric

Ah !    Yeah thats  an old type  RCBO   isn't it .      This is an RCD  main switch as in the ebay  picture from Prodave   .

Trouble with the ebay  one is  the guy is probably just the seller  ,    I'd have asked if  Kerch  would test it  for 30mA    trip time  ...this will cost £40  and might not trip  as with  the present one .  

Thanks for seeking it out Kerch  , much appreciated. 

The real answer is a board change  but its  3 hours kneeling  at floor level  for me .  

kerching

Can't you just cut the tails and shove one in upstream, so to speak?

Evans Electric

Don't think theres room , it would end up outside the meter c/bd in the hall ....I was looking for a quick fix TBH   ... wang a new  main switch in & down the road like a big dog --no kneeling . . 

Its probably time for The  Electric Police  to  confiscate my testers  ,  cut my card in half   , take the keys to the van  & insert any neon drivers where the sun don't shine .