DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
slugs

megger multi tester MFT1502/2

slugs

looked at this web site for clues many times for help.

today my tester which would cost a small fortune to replace was not working

display , completely dead. after checking the 500ma fuse and replacing batteries still no luck.

so tested out put voltage of battery holder  and got 12.3 volts ( should be fine ! but not)

on reconnecting the stud connector nothing worked ,. so getting a little cross by this time I ended up crushing

the battery holder in my hand ????? Yep the tester came back to life. So all I have to do is place an order on line for a new

"8 cell aa battery holder" and it will work.

So what happened??? cold weather and prior flat batteries caused corrosion in one of the battery stud connector , so fine I could barely see it.

So even with new batteries only about 5 - 6 volts where fed into the tester circuit.

half power I suppose is like ending up with a half when you really fancy a pint 🤩 

Bruspark

A bit of dilute white vinegar will clean off any remaining alkalii corrosion then fine Emery to re-finish.  Not ideal but usually get a couple more years out of terminals I've done that with