Diy smart cane with proximity sensor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everdeen

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know how to make a simple DIY proximity sensor that connects to a cellphone vibrator and truly works, because I've searched a lot of it on the internet and most specially in youtube but there are no accurate diagrams and it doesn't work. I'm planning to create a white cane for blind people using a diy proximity sensor to detect near objects and when the sensor detects the object, the cellphone motor will vibrate. Really need a useful advice and proper diagrams and an accurate tutorials! I'm a student working on an investigatory projectt and it needs to be finished underr one day! 

Not sure what you are expecting here. No-one is going to do your project for you.

Are you aiming to produce a conceptual design, or a working demonstrator?  Think modules, rather than circuit component details.

Consider what sensors you could use, Ultrasonic, ?  Optical? Power supply? obviously batteries, but type, charging arrangements?  How to assemble it together.

Wow I’m stunned you’re the student or person in learning and yet you want it all done on a plate for you? What will you learn from that? 
how about you give us some of your ideas and drawings for us to comment on? 

Last edited by a moderator: