DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Anyone ID this timeclock?

Andy™

Andy™

sorry for the bad pic. can anyone ID this timeclock? or any idea of make/model?

IMG00073.jpg

green-hornet

Sorry I can not give you a model or make but I removed one just like it last month.

It was controling the underfloor heating on a flat.

All I remember is it was old. sorry I cant help you further.

Andy™

it controls some lights. the flash on my phone is brighter than expected! the other photo resembles the sun much more than this pic!

it looks old. some have stopped working properly and are need replaced. just gotta get a somewhat compatible unit (there are many side by side, so need something about the same size!

Andy™

i think ive found them. there are some timeclock on TLC website.

cheapest is

Andy™
I just replaced the one I removed with a surface box and one of these types of timer

http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/products.php?cat=28&nav=4

the ones ive found on TLC say they have a 3 pin base. do you remember one of those on the one you removed? although looking at the price of them, i think a cheaper alternative may be needed!

Sangano S254 (I think) - fantastic piece of kit, when we manage to destroy the world, the only things left operational will be these clocks!

http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/ProductByGroup.asp?PrGrp=339

green-hornet

To be honest andy I can not remember. the timer just switched a contactor so it was easy to replace.

Another reason for taking photos of the jobs you do I suppose.

If I had I would have been able to show you what I did.

I will have to do that in future never know when it would come in handy.

Andy™
To be honest andy I can not remember. the timer just switched a contactor so it was easy to replace.

Another reason for taking photos of the jobs you do I suppose.

If I had I would have been able to show you what I did.

I will have to do that in future never know when it would come in handy.

i havent changed it yet, just got to give a price for it. just thinking if i can get direct replacements and they have a common base, i will be on my way home sooner. although its probably going to be cheaper to add extra time to change to a completely different timer. not sure how long the replacement would last though

green-hornet

I would always quote for like for like replacement.

I never give them the cheaper alternative until they have realised the full amount and value of what is fitted.

Then I tell them there is a cheaper alternative, cheaper materials but more labour.

Only saves them may be

Andy™

ill give them a choice. at least they will know why its expensive (and that i havent just added hundrends (or in this case, a thousand) or pounds to job

I replaced one of these with a "modern" alternative at a local village school - the head teacher couldn't understand the old one (there is a day selector behind the main dial making it a seven day timer, she kept moving it on then getting no heating on a Friday because the timer thought it was Saturday). Carted the old one about in the van for 6 months, then refitted when there had been a change of head, and the new one failed!

Guiness Drink

Its a sangamo 100%

They are well known for build quality and heavy duty switching contacts

Couldn't agree more, very common in council work. Never seen one fail. And as for swapping like for like, you just keep the bases and just plug in and set the new timeclock.

Andy™
Couldn't agree more, very common in council work. Never seen one fail. And as for swapping like for like, you just keep the bases and just plug in and set the new timeclock.

there are 2 that have failed. and 12 in total in use. the plug in base sounds good

Definately a sangamo & a replacement Sangamo will drop straight into the old housing.

Time guard do a similar time clock range & are slightly cheaper

http://www.timeguard.com/products/time/trade-time-controllers

But as said for quality & longevity Sangamo is the way to go.

you wiggle and pull the controls, and the round black base is left behind.

After undoing the screw on the terminal cover at the base.

the doctor

Hi

i am not sure in the pic but.....

that sangamo has the "day" facility in the left corner so you can programme it to be on say mon-fri only.....

there is another model that looks the same that you can specify the latitute of installation so it brings the lights on earlier and later to match the night hours

a very robust unit indeed........

As others said sangamo just took quite a few out in london. Some have three pin bases and some have four pin. They are good timers although the ones I took out didn't seem to be working or were obsolete.

Batty

Evans Electric

Definitely a Sangamo , excellent product but very expensive, if replacing, some are 3 pin with link to clock motor, some are 4 pin for seperate clock motor feed.

Contacts are rated at 20 amps. Look closely at the 7 black discs , each one represents each day, turn the arrow to omit that day.

The Sangamo Solar Dial ,elect/mechanical is a clever design. It is meant for street lighting mainly, you have to fit one that matches the latitude , so Midland ones are set to 52 deg. It mechanically follows the seasons of the year so always switches at dusk/dawn .

As said before , very expensive but market leader.

Andy

This is Sangamo time clock used widely for switching industrial boilers and many times used for commercial applications outside lighting etc.

They are very reliable although sangamo do an electronic replacement the old ones are a lot better as mostly mechanical.

Heating replacement parts or control centre stock them.

SPECIAL LOCATION
I replaced one of these with a "modern" alternative at a local village school - the head teacher couldn't understand the old one (there is a day selector behind the main dial making it a seven day timer, she kept moving it on then getting no heating on a Friday because the timer thought it was Saturday). Carted the old one about in the van for 6 months, then refitted when there had been a change of head, and the new one failed!

Guiness Drink

:DApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Nice one!;):^O

They are excellent units. when I was in the electricity board, we used to fit these to change over tarrifs on economy 7. They later went for a Teleswitch radio contolled device instead which was more reliable and didnt need resetting.

Archived