Quickstep electrical city & guilds 2330 advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No,

You really need to be in a classroom with others all learning from real people with real experiance, It will help you in the end!

I tried a distance learning 2330 before but found it really hard & frustrating!

Dunno how much they are charging, bt judging from their website it wont be value for money.

i finished my 2330 level 3 in april time 2009. in september i did the 17th short course.it cost

Like wise go to college

From the little i know these places just rip you off.

i will have done all the 2330 by june and it will have cost me about

mate defo go to college, i only started college in april 09 and have already completed c&g 2330 lvl 2, pat testing 2377 and 17th regs am now doin 2391 inspection n testing 1 night a week,, all ya need is a good tutor, ive done all this in 10 months, and had no sparky experience when i started
how have you managed to get on 2391 without 2330 Level 3? my college are asking for 2392 before 2391 now.

As others have said, get yourself to college.

I did my level 2 distance learning (Bridgwater). There's only so much you can learn yourself - and at college you'll pick things up from your tutor & others in the class that you wouldn't on a distance course. I basically paid

I got my C&G 2330 Level 2 and 3 at college, but I want my NVQ to get JIB registration. I am considering quickstep for this as all the portfolio stuff can be done online.

I'm not trying to learn from them. I just want to get the NVQ. Has anyone done this with quickstep before? Does anyone know of a reputable center in London where I could do my NVQ?

Not wanting to cast any false doubts but at Companies house Quicksteps Next return of 07/05/09 was overdue. Personally I would probably be wary of any buisness with outstanding returns/accounts for companies house (Note; This is just a personal opinion and is not an official Forum Guidance.)

Doc H.

Check for yourselves:-

Name & Registered Office:

CTD QUICKSTEP LIMITED

20 CROCKWELL STREET

BODMIN

CORNWALL

PL31 2DS

Company No. 04412074

Here:-

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/daf5dc45a6d9dd7d3d717db26e8fbfe2/compdetails

OK Doc, definately food for thought there. Cheers.

It's just so hard to get the NVQ. Very few employers can provide you with the opportunities to get all the real life experience you need to do get it.

This looked like a way that one could perhaps be a little bit economical with the truth and still get it. I know it's not the right way to do it, but a wise man once said 'Don't hate the player, hate the game'.