Hello. I'm looking for some advice please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello.
I’m looking for some advice here.
I studied to be an electrician in a college where I gained my Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications. After I also did my City and Guilds 2356 NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, this was back in 2015. At the company I worked for we did some electrical installs but just some very basic like adding extra mains sockets to a ring main. At the company I mainly provided IT support for schools and also did projector and interactive board/flat panel installs, sometimes on my own. So I’m no stranger to using tools.
I left my company and I’m hoping to work with an electrician, but I’m a little lost about where I should start looking! I’m qualified but don’t have recent experience in the field. When I did my NVQ Level 3 I did work with 2 different electricians and it went really well. I’m hoping to do the same so that I gain more experience. I understand that the 18th edition regs came out so I believe I have to do the course for that. I live in London. Any advice would be much appreciated!