angora

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright mate, my girlfriends angora has a lump in the inside of back leg.

its quite big about the size of a walnut.

she seems normal still eating a lot and running around as usual.

she is nearly 7, is it worth taking her to vet as i dont think she would cope with operation and after care.

thanks for advise

I don't mean to patronise but long haired rabbits (assuming not an angora goat?) do get quite firm mats of hair and inside the back legs, armpits are common places. You sure it's a growth?

Without the laying on of hands I can't be too much more help here - if you take bunny (or goat ;) ) to the Vet they will let you know if they can do anything. You don't HAVE to get it removed even if you see a vet - its up to you.

definately not hair mate you can see it under the skin. thanks for the advice will take her to the vet, but would you say its right to decline an opp?

definately not hair mate you can see it under the skin. thanks for the advice will take her to the vet, but would you say its right to decline an opp?
You have the choice. So long as the bunny (goat?) isn't suffering you don't have to do anything. You have a duty to protect its welfare and if it was in pain or infected or couldn't move around properly then you would have to have it put to sleep (or do it yourself!)

thanks for the advice mate, took her to the vet and it was just her pelvis,

so the bunny (goat) is all well

thanks

not looking good for her at the min mate, on monday she was a bit unsteady on feet, this morning she could not get up, dont think she was eating or drinking. vet says absess on the brain or a paricite, gave a antibiotic jab and she picked up and started eating and moving. also been trying to syringe recovery food and water. now she has gon limp again

not looking good for her at the min mate, on monday she was a bit unsteady on feet, this morning she could not get up, dont think she was eating or drinking. vet says absess on the brain or a paricite, gave a antibiotic jab and she picked up and started eating and moving. also been trying to syringe recovery food and water. now she has gon limp again
Could be a parasite called e.cuniculi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Cuniculi

Can sometimes be treated, but with a wormer.

the vet wasnt to sure weather it was a paricite or absess.

head tilt, do you give them horse wormer pancura

the vet wasnt to sure weather it was a paricite or absess. head tilt, do you give them horse wormer pancura
We did decide this was a rabbit?

Panacur is a trade name, fenbendazole is the drug.

Requires 28days treatment. Available over the counter and online. Will do no harm at the appropriate dose rate.

Lapizole is another brand of the same stuff that comes in a bigger bottle and usually works out cheaper.

I must stress here I am only discussing what could be done - I can't possibly make a diagnosis without seeing the patient!