2330/3 done..whats next?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeff737

Reaction score
well chaps, ive passed the 2330 level 3 but need to know what other courses i need and in what order, its my aim to become a self employed domestic installer, is it 2391, 17th edition, or one of the NICEIC courses or are there other routes??

cheers.

well done mate.next step is 17th edition short course.the 2392 is basically inspecting and testing for domestic installs so this may be an option.although not sure if NICEIC and the like acknowledge it yet.otherwise to self test you will need 2391.then there's the part p to sort out.

yeah...part P, what is that all about.....is it just me or are the courses growing year on year, it seams every one i ask suggests another obstical to me getting out there and earning some money and they all cost!!!.....strange that isn't it!!

The "Part P" course people refer to is 2393 (Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings). If you ask the "clubs" (NICEIC, Napit, ECA etc) they'll tell you to get the 2382 (17th, you can do the short version) & a testing qualification. 2392 wont teach you anything you didn't do on 2330 L3, 2391 is more than you need to test your own work as it concentrates on periodics but it is worth doing and has more credibility if you go to work for somebody else.

More details on C&G website; http://www.cityandguilds.com/1107.html

yeah...part P, what is that all about.....is it just me or are the courses growing year on year, it seams every one i ask suggests another obstical to me getting out there and earning some money and they all cost!!!.....strange that isn't it!!
i'm in the same boat as you mate. i'm in my 4th year.most degrees in university are only 3!!!!!!

done 2330, did 17th in september 09 and i'm the practical assessment away from finishing 2392. want to do the 2391 and maybe the pat testing. and of course i'll need part p aswell. it never ends!!!!!!! headbang