B&Q Prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC101

Reaction score
I was in a B&Q store today in Eastkilbride ( just outside Glasgow) they had a pallet with buckets of electrical stuff on offer.

3 single pole switches for

Their consumers seem to be dirt cheap too, sure i saw a bg dual rcd for 60 with all breakers inc.

They have a good clear out like that in our local one, once a year too.

Can always tell when it's on....

.... Their carpark is full of "spark's" vans. :D

Trouble is with these offers if you have to go back to change them because they break thats no good because you have lost money then. I think I only pay

Trouble is with these offers if you have to go back to change them because they break thats no good because you have lost money then.
If it's faulty it would have gone faulty whether or not it was on offer and you would still take it back for exchange regardless.

If it's faulty it would have gone faulty whether or not it was on offer and you would still take it back for exchange regardless.
My point is buying cheap may not be a good option. Why are they selling them off cheap maybe they are getting so many back they don't want to stock them any more or manfacturer has gone bust due to poor quality. What make are they anyway?

What make are they anyway?
That's a good point actually, my assumption was they were MK but that was because I have only ever bought MK accessories from B&Q when they have been on offer. If they're some cheap **** then yes, I see what you're saying, I wouldn;t buy them just because they were cheap.

yes, but its the hassle of having to go back to a job and change a socket. and more damaging to your business is the fact your installing cheap materials that fail

as for B&Q prices, the marco cheap stuff normally sells for the same price you can get MK, and the MK for the price you can get gold & diamond plated accessories